This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$199 Haswell dual-core DIY PC on Newegg's shell shocker this morning.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $199 Haswell dual-core DIY PC on Newegg's shell shocker this morning.
2 years ago#11
This PC is a pretty good deal for the strength. I think it has a better PSU. Is it a better deal?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/68352407
2 years ago#12
PhilOnDez posted...
Nobody's said a 7790 takes more than a 480w PSU. People have said that that specific PSU is a literal piece of **** and will burn out if you attach a 7790 to it.

Yes, that's what is implied. The whole point of it burning up is it's running more than it can handle, e.g. more wattage than it should be. A PSU (even if it's crap) shouldn't die or not boot up at all if it's not being pushed past its capabilities...and with those parts and a 7790 it should not burn out.

I also think it's hilarious everyone here says it's so bad when there are 59 reviews on the link posted for it and there are only a few people that said it crapped out on them.

I'm tempted to buy this whole setup myself to prove otherwise.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
2 years ago#13
20% of the reviews for that case/PSU are 1 star, most of the 2/3 star reviews complain about the PSU saying you should expect to replace it within a few months. I'm not sure what reviews you're looking at but they sure as hell aren't the ones I'm looking at. That PSU also doesn't even have PCIe connectors if that says something as to how much of a piece of **** you're buying.

But no, you're probably right, please drop $300+shipping and prove us all wrong.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#14
why not just buy a new psu? You can get a decent on for like $40ish
2 years ago#15
PhilOnDez posted...
20% of the reviews for that case/PSU are 1 star, most of the 2/3 star reviews complain about the PSU saying you should expect to replace it within a few months. I'm not sure what reviews you're looking at but they sure as hell aren't the ones I'm looking at. That PSU also doesn't even have PCIe connectors if that says something as to how much of a piece of **** you're buying.

But no, you're probably right, please drop $300+shipping and prove us all wrong.

I literally said "there are 59 reviews in the link posted." You can't f***ing read, you do this s*** in every topic I see you post in.

You have trouble reading and then put it on others.

I also never said the thing wouldn't crap out eventually, and that is regardless of it if has a 7790 or not. But it WOULD handle this system (which indicates it could power it, not be long lasting), whether it lasts is another question entirely.
---
2 years ago#16
mikewu1 posted...

Yeah, pretty much this too when the thing does crap out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL011614&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL011614-_-EMC-011614-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17153166-L0E

$20 right now after MIR.
---
2 years ago#17
sorry to be off topic, but its still related to psus, are most psus the same size? since i have an hp 250f with i7 860 and a 5770. I want to upgrade the gpu, and possible the psu but im not sure how much watts i need, and if it will fit
---
---
Personal knowledge = above average < Personal knowledge + Google = god-like - GCMaster
2 years ago#18
You do the same **** as well, you can't wait to jump on any tiny mistake you see. I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt because most times you seem like you're genuinely trying to help but in this thread you're trying to push **** hardware for the sake of proving someone wrong.

Look at the newegg reviews for the actual item in question, literally half the reviews complain about the PSU.

As for purchasing a PSU separately and adding it, then why even bother with the combo? Not counting a PSU you can get the same parts for basically the same price and counting in the disposal fee for the E-waste that disposing of the burnt out PSU you come out ahead.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
2 years ago#19
Conker posted...
mikewu1 posted...

Yeah, pretty much this too when the thing does crap out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL011614&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL011614-_-EMC-011614-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17153166-L0E

$20 right now after MIR.

More like when you buy the kit. No point waiting for it to damage the rest of the hardware you paid for when you can just grab a CX430 for $20 and be done with it.
That PSU is a fire hazard, period. And so is the one you linked.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
2 years ago#20
lol I didn't even look at the PSU recommended for a replacement, I figured it was a CX430 or something. Yeah, that red switch may as well be a red flag, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $199 Haswell dual-core DIY PC on Newegg's shell shocker this morning.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived