This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next upgrade? I will let the experts decide.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Next upgrade? I will let the experts decide.

User Info: Poltregeist

Poltregeist
3 years ago#11
godplaysSNES posted...
Poltregeist posted...
The 3820 and 4820k aint that expensive for an i7, they any good?

You should get at least a 3930k or 4930k if you buy LGA 2011. Otherwise, just get an i7 for LGA 1150.

Yaa thats gonna be pricey, my wallet tells me i should keep my 990fx for the time beeing, maybe go for the amd fx-8320 and a

http://www.komplett.no/gainward-geforce-gtx-760-2gb-physx-cuda/790162

Leaning towards this now

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 years ago#12
Aren't there supposedly new processors and Ram that are being released around summertime that are going to boost performance by quite a bit? So wouldn't upgrading now just be a bit of a waste, when you can grab a new motherboard that supports that new technology around July?

I'm just going to recommend saving up for Summer, or buy a really great monitor

User Info: Poltregeist

Poltregeist
3 years ago#13
Ivany2008 posted...
Aren't there supposedly new processors and Ram that are being released around summertime that are going to boost performance by quite a bit? So wouldn't upgrading now just be a bit of a waste, when you can grab a new motherboard that supports that new technology around July?

I'm just going to recommend saving up for Summer, or buy a really great monitor

I have a great monitor and a terrible monitor.
A good 27" monitor is what i need but they cost the lot.

User Info: mithoschapter

mithoschapter
3 years ago#14
Video card is fine, upgrade the processor. You don't really need to get an i5/i7 unless you have the budget to do so. Getting an 8320/8350 would be fine, and cheaper.
Tmansandlin on Steam and Origin. Proud owner of a Ducky.
3DS FC: 4914-3665-4608

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 years ago#15
Could always invest in some really good headphones, or a kick ass speaker system. Maybe another set of USB 3.0 front connectors.

I'm actually looking into that myself. I don't really like the idea of just having 6 USB 3.0 connections altogether. 4 of them get completely used in the back and really limit the amount of stuff that can be plugged in, so your left with 2 in front(pending on the case) which barely covers a set of headphones and a game pad.

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#16
The 8350 or 8320 are solid options. And you can always OC either of them. And save up that money. Newegg as a promo for a 8320 for around $139.99. Do that, and be happy.
FX8350 oc'ed 4.8ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290| ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Next upgrade? I will let the experts decide.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived