This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are my CPU fans running at 2300 RPM 24/7?

#11BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 9:47:17 PM
Altmadragon posted...
DerPancake posted...
Download ASUS AIsuite II

and configure your fans to you liking.

this
edit: either
A: you got a fan controller installed that you dont know about.
B: your fans are plugged into a fan controller separate from MB

Unless my motherboard has a fan control that I am not aware of, that wouldn't be the case, and I never plugged my fans into anything outside of the motherboard...

Though, my CPU cooler is hooked into my PSU, as well as into a USB header.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/16/2014 10:08:08 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Just checked my BIOS. Fan speed was on silent mode. lol

You're seeing the pump rpm, which is around that. The h100i has a SATA connection for power and a 3pin pwm for monitoring of the pump, etc. It doesn't control the fans unless you have the fans connected to the actual pump via the adapter. You should read the manual.

Your fans, no ideal where you got them connected. Probably the most logical step in this situation would be to trace the fan wires to whatever header they're connected to. Then make adjustments.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#13AltmadragonPosted 1/16/2014 10:11:15 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Altmadragon posted...
DerPancake posted...
Download ASUS AIsuite II

and configure your fans to you liking.

this
edit: either
A: you got a fan controller installed that you dont know about.
B: your fans are plugged into a fan controller separate from MB

Unless my motherboard has a fan control that I am not aware of, that wouldn't be the case, and I never plugged my fans into anything outside of the motherboard...

Though, my CPU cooler is hooked into my PSU, as well as into a USB header.

i meant like a case fan controller or bay lol
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#14AltmadragonPosted 1/16/2014 10:12:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 10:14:06 PM
Okay, so something I actually just noticed. My fans just went completely quiet, and I looked in my case and noticed that the H100i LED is off. Then it turned back on and the fans went to 100% (Or really loud). What's up with that?
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/16/2014 10:17:53 PM(edited)
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Okay, so something I actually just noticed. My fans just went completely quiet, and I looked in my case and noticed that the H100i LED is off. Then it turned back on and the fans went to 100% (Or really loud). What's up with that?

That's normal for the h100i, probably have to rma it tho, the h100i has a lot of issues regarding the pump led, fan control, etc.. read Corsairs forums

When I had one, I just disconnected that piece of s*** Corsair link and connected the fans to a fan controller to resolve it.

---
#17BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 10:28:12 PM
Bleh. Hopefully their RMA process isn't long...
---
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/17/2014 5:05:17 AM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Bleh. Hopefully their RMA process isn't long...

It might also need a firmware update also, but Corsair Link should notify you if there is one irrc. It shouldn't shut off like that tho, could also be a loose power connector as well. I'd post on there forums to see, I know the i series coolers has issues, maybe thats why the new H105 isn't an i series. *Shrug*
---
#19EMIRIOPosted 1/17/2014 5:12:16 AM
shame, good specs though.
#20Killah PriestPosted 1/17/2014 7:51:25 AM(edited)
sounds like a corsair link issue, if you use windows 8.1 make sure you're either using the most recent beta from the forums or edited your registry with a workaround for the older version.

load up corsair link and look for 2 circles called h100i fan 1 and h100i fan 2

click on the circle and you should see an options bar pop up on the right side of the screen

click MODE and pick QUIET MODE.

fans should run 900-1000 RPMs

make sure you're getting the FAN reading and not the PUMP reading, both my bios and any fan programs actually report the PUMP.

the LED issue can also happen because of corsair link, sometimes it defaults to black and doesn't tell you until you change it and save a profile.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.