This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I wouldn't give to be able to "sell" Steam games

#1CardigansFanPosted 1/16/2014 11:02:10 PM
I've been like two weeks without a proper computer for gaming...and I'm okay with that. And even if I had a computer, I'd probably only properly play like 10% of my collection (damn sales and my impulse buying).

Can anybody ever see some sort of system where Steam does a "buyback" of games, even if it's pennies on the dollar? I'm guessing not, but one can dream.
---
1993 Saturn SL2 * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300
#2bikeblasterPosted 1/16/2014 11:09:34 PM
Then don't buy games you aren't planning to play.
---
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv
#3ajxhPosted 1/16/2014 11:09:54 PM
It's a possibility.

I'm guessing, though, that it might be more feasible to trade games back in for store credit. Only problem is how you judge the price of the trade-in, considering Steam's pricing schemes.

Probably will never happen, but meh. Maybe.
#4CardigansFan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:13:56 PM(edited)
bikeblaster posted...

Honestly? I'd be willing to give them away, just so somebody else could enjoy them and not have them staring at me in my library.

ajxh posted...
It's a possibility.

I'm guessing, though, that it might be more feasible to trade games back in for store credit. Only problem is how you judge the price of the trade-in, considering Steam's pricing schemes.

Probably will never happen, but meh. Maybe.

Well, there was the whole EU business with Steam, no idea what ever happened to that though...
---
1993 Saturn SL2 * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300
#5TimePharaohPosted 1/16/2014 11:14:05 PM
bikeblaster posted...

---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#6Nineteen99Posted 1/17/2014 1:57:16 AM
Probably not, especially with Humble around. Buy a bunch of bundles for $1, sell them back to Steam at massive profit. You could say that each user is limited in the amount of games they can "return," but then it'd be pretty much like it is now.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#7kobalobasileusPosted 1/17/2014 2:01:21 AM
Nineteen99 posted...
Probably not, especially with Humble around. Buy a bunch of bundles for $1, sell them back to Steam at massive profit. You could say that each user is limited in the amount of games they can "return," but then it'd be pretty much like it is now.

Those bundles give out Steam keys. Steam can already tell the difference between a game bought directly from it and a game that was redeemed from a key. Just limit buyback to direct purchases: Problem solved.

Even better: Allow users to put their games up for sale on the Community Market. Make it useful instead of just a place to trade digital cards. If users are forced to sell directly to each other, buying a bunch of humble keys won't accomplish anything.
#8rpgianPosted 1/17/2014 2:11:05 AM
I think Eu was going to acknowledge the rights of second sale on all digital goods (games,accounts,etc) and declare any obstacle to that unlawful.

Not sure what happened with that but the us market would never ever ever never even come close to being so progressive as to even form the idea.
#9maybecallsPosted 1/17/2014 2:56:35 AM
Can I give Steam games/codes away? ie Ones that I'm I'm never going to play again, and just want permanently removing from my account.
#10FaPaThYPosted 1/17/2014 3:24:45 AM
maybecalls posted...
Can I give Steam games/codes away? ie Ones that I'm I'm never going to play again, and just want permanently removing from my account.

No, you can't give games that are already tied to your account away. I think it's possible to get games removed from your library if you ask Steam support, but obviously you won't get money or a usable steam code back.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/