This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop+PS3. But router is in garage.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop+PS3. But router is in garage.

User Info: Cocopups0

Cocopups0
3 years ago#1
- Live in a two story house

- Want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop or PS3 so I can get the best connection possible when surfing the internet, or playing PS3 /Ps4 games online

- Issue?Step dad has the router in the garage, so I can't access it from upstairs with a wired connection . Even if it weren't in the garage, it'd be in another part of the house, which I wouldn't be able to access unless I kept going downstairs. Obviously I'm getting wireless connection, but from what i've heard (and experienced first hand in regards to online gaming a few years back) wired>wireless

With that said, what are my options? I heard that powerline adapters solve this, but what would be the best and most affordable one? To avoid paying $100 if it has components or features that I don't even need.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powerline%20adapter&sprefix=powerline+ad%2Caps%2C183&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apowerline%20adapter

Would the $30 Adapter be okay? What would you suggest?

User Info: Chetyre

Chetyre
3 years ago#2
just run the wire through the walls. Max length for an ethernet cable is 100 meters between connecting equipment.
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop+PS3. But router is in garage.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived