This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop+PS3. But router is in garage.

#1Cocopups0Posted 1/18/2014 3:36:08 AM
- Live in a two story house

- Want to hook up an ethernet cable to my Laptop or PS3 so I can get the best connection possible when surfing the internet, or playing PS3 /Ps4 games online

- Issue?Step dad has the router in the garage, so I can't access it from upstairs with a wired connection . Even if it weren't in the garage, it'd be in another part of the house, which I wouldn't be able to access unless I kept going downstairs. Obviously I'm getting wireless connection, but from what i've heard (and experienced first hand in regards to online gaming a few years back) wired>wireless

With that said, what are my options? I heard that powerline adapters solve this, but what would be the best and most affordable one? To avoid paying $100 if it has components or features that I don't even need.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powerline%20adapter&sprefix=powerline+ad%2Caps%2C183&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apowerline%20adapter

Would the $30 Adapter be okay? What would you suggest?
#2ChetyrePosted 1/18/2014 5:05:16 AM
just run the wire through the walls. Max length for an ethernet cable is 100 meters between connecting equipment.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar