This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best MMORPG?

#61RPG maniac87Posted 1/19/2014 9:14:22 AM
FFXI pre-Abyssea. Unfortunately it also went the way of Everquest, as toomanymouths mentioned.
---
Joel doesn't take kindly to people hating on lolis.
http://boxofficebuz.com/content/games/53/stills/The-Last-Of-Us_203429.jpg
#62Riot55555Posted 1/19/2014 1:41:32 PM
FFXIV is a lot better than people give it credit for (even though it is generally very highly praised and well-reviewed). The combat system seems slow at first, but you barely have any abilities and as you level up it gets a lot faster and more intricate when it comes to party play. The dude complaining probably played something like a Gladiator which has very few abilities... I play a Monk, which is super fast.

There are so many jobs and crafts/gathering skills to swap between, it's really hard to run out of content. There is a lot of endgame stuff to do, especially for a new player coming up.

Anybody who complains about $13 bucks a month has other issues.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#63eragonman9Posted 1/19/2014 1:44:23 PM
josh_b posted...
The best MMO is and will be for some time to come is Eve Online. Nothing else comes close to the epic scope that is possible in that game.

The term "Spreadsheets: The Game" comes to mind with EVE. Granted, it's fun for some people, people who don't like it will hate it.
---
We march for Macragge!
And we shall know no fear!
#64alons1293Posted 1/19/2014 1:50:32 PM
I would recommend you Guild Wars 2. Sure you have to buy the game, but after that there are no fee's. Although right now I don't play anymore, I have around 950hours logged and almost all the classes maxed out. It's a really cool game with a really nice gameplay, and I am sure you will get some enjoyment out of it.
---
FC: 3539-9560-8114 - Sigma
#65iBlackice25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 2:40:16 PM
alons1293 posted...
I would recommend you Guild Wars 2. Sure you have to buy the game, but after that there are no fee's. Although right now I don't play anymore, I have around 950hours logged and almost all the classes maxed out. It's a really cool game with a really nice gameplay, and I am sure you will get some enjoyment out of it.

950 hours?!?! Wow. I thought that game had a subscription fee? Guess not...
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#66GrischnakPosted 1/19/2014 3:13:46 PM(edited)
MMOs I've played for a considerable amount of time are: WoW, SWTOR, EQ, EQ2, FF14 and GW2. Of those, WoW is by far the best if you can get over the graphics. I haven't played it in years but no other game I've ever played ever hooked me like WoW did. That said, you'd be best off just trying all of the MMOs you're interested in yourself and sticking with whatever one you like best.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/Enishii/fs_overall.png
#67TheNazzaroPosted 1/19/2014 3:16:57 PM
Dofus.
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#68a687947Posted 1/19/2014 3:54:31 PM
iBlackice25 posted...
alons1293 posted...

950 hours?!?! Wow. I thought that game had a subscription fee? Guess not...

It's a one time purchase and then f2p after that
#69nickizgr8Posted 1/19/2014 5:36:27 PM
The one MMO you should not wait for is ES:O trust me.

I could go on about all the bad things about the beta and I will if you want me to, just not right now though as I'm tired.

But the game is really bad. releases in 4 months and still so much to do. Quests are boring. combat is absolutely terrible and the classes are so restrictive is unbelievable. If you play a destro mage you have no way to self heal yourself. So if you want to play solo you SOL as after you hit level 10 mobs hit so hard because you have to wear light armour and you do pitiful damage and because you can't hit enemies at range as the render distance and hit detection is so spotty you can 1-2 spells in before a mob is right in your face messing you up.

It's not as if I have a reason to lie about this. If the game was actually good you'd think bethesda would release the NDA on it. I normally take NDA's very seriously but the game is so bad and they have still not released the NDA that people are going to be completely disappointed when the game comes out. There is that open beta which will have the excuse of "this is a beta not a final product" but most of the features wont be fixed by release haha.

I guess that's why there releasing it on PC 2 months before consoles so we can beta test it even more.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#70a687947Posted 1/19/2014 7:13:43 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
The one MMO you should not wait for is ES:O trust me.

I could go on about all the bad things about the beta and I will if you want me to, just not right now though as I'm tired.

But the game is really bad. releases in 4 months and still so much to do. Quests are boring. combat is absolutely terrible and the classes are so restrictive is unbelievable. If you play a destro mage you have no way to self heal yourself. So if you want to play solo you SOL as after you hit level 10 mobs hit so hard because you have to wear light armour and you do pitiful damage and because you can't hit enemies at range as the render distance and hit detection is so spotty you can 1-2 spells in before a mob is right in your face messing you up.

It's not as if I have a reason to lie about this. If the game was actually good you'd think bethesda would release the NDA on it. I normally take NDA's very seriously but the game is so bad and they have still not released the NDA that people are going to be completely disappointed when the game comes out. There is that open beta which will have the excuse of "this is a beta not a final product" but most of the features wont be fixed by release haha.

I guess that's why there releasing it on PC 2 months before consoles so we can beta test it even more.

you haven't played it then or have no idea how to. Classes do not restrict what kind of armor or weapons you can use, and the draw distance is great if you have a half decent pc. Combat is better than nearly any mmo out and is about the closest to real time that you can find in a traditional mmo.