This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me build my pc

#1Ghost_TurtlePosted 1/19/2014 2:41:42 AM(edited)
I want to start off by making this very clear. I dont know a whole lot about spec comparison. Im Not comfortable with building a pc on my own for the money spent. Im in the army and going away for a month. Im going with ibuypower and just want the pc here when I get back. Im going with intel and nvidia for my card. My budget is around $1300.

I can do this on my own but Im confused about some things. Specifically if I Should get an i5 4670k or i7 4770k. Also I have absolutely no idea what sort of mother board I should get. Ive read you wanna go with the z87s but theres like 8 different boards to choose from. I plan on upgrading to a 780 within next few months so for this build right now im settling with a 760 or 770, what ever gets me the best bang for my buck in the long run (cpu, mother board). Thanks in advaced.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
#2Ghost_Turtle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 2:02:30 AM(edited)
I should also add Im going for the Apex EL 660 gaming case. W8, no monitor, keyboard, mouse, ect.
---
#3Rodders_Posted 1/19/2014 2:19:37 AM
I'm fairly new to this as well so i cannot answer your question about the motherboard, but what i can say is i do believe the msi gtx 760 is the best gpu bang for buck from doing my research. This would be a great gpu to start with as it will handle most things and is a decent price. Plus like you said, in a few months you will be upgrading so this will do the job until then.
#4joeman6Posted 1/19/2014 6:04:45 AM
i7 4770k is probably the best CPU you could get at the moment so I would go with that. For your motherboard most Z87 motherboards are pretty good, probably go with either an AsRock board if you are on a tight budget with all your other parts or an Asus or Gigabyte board if you want a high end board.
---
PSN: pluto-3_ Xbox GT: NinjaPainis
http://backloggery.com/joeman6
#5Ghost_Turtle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 4:50:02 PM(edited)
Thanks for the responses. Any other takes?
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-i5-Paladin-Special
---
#6Mystickay86Posted 1/19/2014 4:54:05 PM
Ghost_Turtle posted...
Thanks for the responses. Any other takes?
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-i5-Paladin-Special

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Duyq
Here's my build. It used to be $1334, then I changed motherboard, PSU, Case & went to $1207. It's a pretty solid build based on the replied comments. I'm personally getting i5-4670k. As for GPU, GTX 770.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#7tiger8191Posted 1/19/2014 5:32:06 PM
After you decide your parts I suggest checking the same build at ecollegepc, I trust them way more than ibuy
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#8SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/19/2014 7:01:39 PM(edited)
For gaming, all you really need is an i5. The K at the end means its unlocked so you can overclock it. If you were doing intense stuff like photo editing/video then an i7 is worth it. I would save the 100bucks it is to upgrade to improve other parts of the computer such as the video card/power supply

A Z87 mobo is great, if you plan to overclock you proabbly want to get a mid range or better one. If your not going to overclock you can get a lower end model. You can also check all the parts you want on newegg see if they have good reviews and such, especially on the mobo.

Also dont cheap out on the video card. If you cant get that 780 now, a 760 or 770 will do you good. To be honest, I'd say the 770 offers the best power for the money right now and if you do get a 770, I probably wouldnt even upgrade until the next generation of video cards come out.

If you do stick to ibuypower.com, please upgrade your power supply to name a brand. All there computers come with generic no name power supplies. I see the one they give is only 500 watts. The gtx 770 or 780 requires at least a 600 watt. Just pick a corsair/thermaltake or whatver of the wattage you need, itll cost a bit more but much more worth it and better peice of mind in the long run.

Also for your liquid cooling, I would switch to one of the corsair ones. I just the like the better quality of the corsair parts then the generic ones they give you by default.

I also would recomend digitalstormonline.com, they computers are very well built but you may spend about $100 more or so.