This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you see an advantage in Pale Moon/Cyberfox/etc vs Firefox?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you see an advantage in Pale Moon/Cyberfox/etc vs Firefox?
2 years ago#1
Do you see an advantage in Pale Moon/Cyberfox/etc vs Firefox? - Results (69 votes)
Yes
39.13% (27 votes)
No
27.54% (19 votes)
I don't know
33.33% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've tried these custom firefox builds before and never saw a difference, and in some cases were worse than Firefox...
2 years ago#2
I tried out Pale Moon just for the heck of it and noticed a drastic improvement in page loading times. It's now my default browser.
2 years ago#3
Do you use Palemoon 64 or 32?
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
2 years ago#4
Pale Moon is a lot better than standard Firefox if you ask me. It doesn't take an eternity to start up and it manages to be a hell of a lot less bloated.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
2 years ago#5
I switched from Firefox to Chrome and finally to Palemoon 64 and never looked back.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
2 years ago#6
im using waterfox, I dont even remember if i was having a problem with firefox or if i just wanted to try it
---
^ this
2 years ago#7
Can you switch easily from firefox to moonfox while keeping your settings and such?
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
2 years ago#8
I personally couldn't tell a difference between vanilla Firefox and palemoon or waterfox, but it may have something to do with all the plugins I'm using
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
2 years ago#9
A 64 bit version was more than enough to make me switch to Waterfox. I haven't bothered looking at the different versions to see if Pale Moon etc are any better.
---
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 670 - MSI Z68A-GD80 - Seasonic X 750W - GSkill 16GB - Crucial m4 128GB - NZXT Beta EVO
2 years ago#10
ChromaticAngel posted...
I switched from Firefox to Chrome and finally to Palemoon 64 and never looked back.

Now I'm interested. Have you had problems with plugins on x64?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you see an advantage in Pale Moon/Cyberfox/etc vs Firefox?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived