This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a video card to run with a 250w PSU

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a video card to run with a 250w PSU
3 years ago#1
So lately I've been gaming on my new laptop and been mostly playing league of legends.
I have a sort of old HP desktop that works perfectly fine but I can't run LoL. It contains a 250w PSU and I was hoping to find a low end video card that would be capable to at least run LoL.

I'm sure the best answer is to just save up to buy a new rig or upgrade my PSU, but currently I don't plan to play any other PC games besides league so I'm not fully ready to dish out the big cash to play any high end games.

Although I do use my laptop more often, it would be nice to play on my desktop too.
So... any suggestions?
"It's nice to throw rocks at the moon and wonder why they don't hit"
3 years ago#2
plug your monitor,keyboard and mouse to your laptop
3 years ago#3
I forgot to add that my computer knowledge is very lacking, but i have been doing a bit of research to understand somethings.
3 years ago#4
urtv posted...
plug your monitor,keyboard and mouse to your laptop

I want my laptop to be separate from my desktop
3 years ago#5
You don't have to spend $70 to get a quality PSU.
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000
3 years ago#6
What's it currently got in it for a video card?
Anyway, you could probably shove a 6670 in it and play LoL decently.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#7
Shub posted...
What's it currently got in it for a video card?
Anyway, you could probably shove a 6670 in it and play LoL decently.

I think it's some integrated card. So far I've been looking at some of the 6670 cards and I've been seeing it has a 400w minimum or maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones
3 years ago#8
Nah, a 6670 should run fine. Video manufacturers exaggerate their power requirements a lot to cover their asses.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#9
I concur. That 400W is nonsense. I owned a 6570 which according to AMD used 400W when in reality at peak ran at 130W. I'm sure you could run a 6670 just fine. You can always get a new rig though. If you're just playing LoL AMD's APU solution would work just fine for you.
3 years ago#10
Sapphire 7750 low profile. Sort of hard to find and expensive but its prettty good.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a video card to run with a 250w PSU

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived