This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is it that now Mech games are considered more cool?

#81Sergei_DukanovPosted 1/30/2014 10:02:46 AM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
I come with news

http://www.bombdogstudios.com/

MAV is basically a Chromehounds copy for the PC, and it looks great.

And I wonder how long until they start doing those annoying and broken " bird setups" with the howetzers.

I miss my Moskovian heavy sniper.
---
FX8350 oc'ed 4.8ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290| ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom
#82TES_NutPosted 1/30/2014 10:25:36 AM
I prefer Trotmobiles, Atlus.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#83Sir_Burpalot21Posted 1/30/2014 11:08:02 AM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
I come with news

MAV is basically a Chromehounds copy for the PC, and it looks great.

And I wonder how long until they start doing those annoying and broken " bird setups" with the howetzers.

I miss my Moskovian heavy sniper.

Double-Doubles and Pile Bunkers everywhere!

Balance issues aside, Chromehounds was probably the best mech game to come out in the past several years. The customizablility coupled with the online campaign made for some great enjoyment.
All the different maps for each region was spectacular. I was especially fond of the night maps.

Still haven't had any experience that matched up to that game.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#84Myself9Posted 1/30/2014 2:18:40 PM
I come with news

I ponied up the $5 to get early access. Best $5 I've spent all year.
The dev is super active on the forums, and takes all ideas and criticisms into consideration.
He's launching a Kickstarter campaign very soon, so the development is about to take off.

HIGHLY recommended to any Neroimus War vets :)
---
I drink YOUR milkshake
VirtualHillClimb.com
#85BogePosted 1/30/2014 3:17:58 PM
Robots and Mechs are stupid.
---
How I see nearly every GameFAQs user: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c
#86singhellotakuPosted 1/30/2014 11:59:59 PM
it doesn't help that most gundam games are terrible or tournament fighters, i'm pretty sure front mission was always popular, I would have loved a front mission gundam game. Though Zion Front AKA Rainbow Six Gundam, was pretty awesome.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#87MitsufreakPosted 1/31/2014 1:20:10 AM
same reason why zombie games have been "cool" since 1998
#88Sir_Burpalot21Posted 2/5/2014 3:05:57 AM
Sir_Burpalot21 posted...
UI 2.0, the other hot topic, has seen 2 public tests so far. One in November and one in January. The feedback has been overall negative as the actual user functionality is unintuitive and poorly designed. This is compounded by the fact that PGI has supposively been working on it for a full year and has done nothing to consider user feedback after their previews and public tests.
It is planned to be released in February, but no one will be surprised if they miss that deadline. PGI previously stated the deadline to be in June/July of 2013, then launch in September 2013.

Soooo I'm just gonna throw out an update on this ****.
PGI has finally made a deadline! They said February 4th for UI 2.0 and they delivered... a piece of ****!! It's funny how they say it's "unfinished" and plan to take into account user feedback when they had a full ****ing year to do that..
Functionally, it is many steps backwards compared to the previous (bad but less horrible) UI. It looks almost exactly like the preview images they posted back in May 2013. Which were criticized even back then by the community for looking convoluted, cluttered, and unintuitive.

It's like they don't have anyone on the team that understands how to build a functional UI. Oh wait, maybe that explains why they've had an open UI/UX Designer position posted on their website for the past year.
The PGI management have got to be the most incompetent leaders I have ever seen.

/rant
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN