This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any strategy games out there like ROTK or Nobunaga's Ambition?

#1dashylPosted 1/21/2014 2:28:20 PM
ROTK = Romance of the Three Kingdoms

I really like those two game series, especially the ones most recent to the series released in NA.

I like the gigantic variety of officers that you're able to use and how they have skills (sometimes unique to them that can turn the tide in battle) and the city management aspect of these games is quite fun too.

Anyway, I've encountered similar series, but nothing in the same particular strategy vein as these two series.. Any ideas?
---
3DS friend code: 4425-1477-9577
#2gotrdid9090Posted 1/21/2014 2:45:59 PM
I would be interested in finding some more like it to, ive been playing through ROTK 4 again and its reminding me how fun these games are.
#3TowerBooks3192Posted 1/21/2014 2:50:21 PM
Missed the good old heroes across time scenario. Get Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis IV. I reckon CK2 is closer to ROTK as you have vassals that you ask to do stuff and sometines stab you in the back.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#4Hammerhead6468Posted 1/21/2014 3:00:21 PM
ROTK is the bomb. I keep my play ROTKVIII and IX several times a year on my PS2.

Too bad they never had an english release on the PC.

Say what you want about Koei, they made excellent strategy games.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Hammerhead3229
PSN: [cR]Hammerhead3229
#5BogePosted 1/21/2014 3:38:11 PM
Hammerhead6468 posted...
ROTK is the bomb. I keep my play ROTKVIII and IX several times a year on my PS2.

Bandit Kings of Ancient China, baby! One of my favorites.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#6TowerBooks3192Posted 1/21/2014 8:53:39 PM
Boge posted...
Hammerhead6468 posted...

Bandit Kings of Ancient China, baby! One of my favorites.

What was the scenario about? I played Heroes Across Time on X(or I think it was XI?) scenario to death. Its the only one where you get to see Sima Yi fight against the three kingdoms and other factions such as Meng huo, Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu. The only annoying part is when you get your last cities to conquer then some of your vassals betray you.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#7someguyshandPosted 1/21/2014 9:49:24 PM
I would kill for an official localized PC version of ROTK X.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#8-Zelmor-Posted 1/21/2014 10:07:53 PM
Same, big fan of ROTK games too. Would love to play other games that share similar system to that series.
---
Man is not the creature of circumstances. Circumstances are the creatures of man.
#9SienrurouniPosted 1/22/2014 12:05:34 AM
It's so weird that they released Uncharted Waters Online in the US on the PC, but none of their recent strategy games.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#10nightshadeAPosted 1/23/2014 9:19:13 PM
i loved ghengis kahn ....being able to get some of the smaller countries into empires.... although my cousin had some dislikes about the game since you sold your daughters off like cattle......
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid