This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best cheap graphics cards?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best cheap graphics cards?
3 years ago#41
Yeah you will need a new psu for a decent graphics card.

You will need at least another $40 on your budget to have the good times.

$40 PSU 430W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438015

$100 secondhand GPU - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-11210-01-20G-Radeon-HD-7790-OC-D5-Dual-X-1GB-Graphics-Card-VGA-PCI-Ex-/141174205090?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item20dea36aa2
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
3 years ago#42
I can't be bothered to read this entire topic, so assuming you haven't made a decision yet (and even if you have), take a look at this article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

According to Tom, the HD 7770 is your best bet for $100.
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
3 years ago#43
I have a 300w power supply & run my 7750 just fine. Like people on here said, don't expext to max out all games but still a great card.
XboX Tag = XAztec WarriorX
STEAM = Pelon213
3 years ago#44
pelon213 posted...
I have a 300w power supply & run my 7750 just fine. Like people on here said, don't expext to max out all games but still a great card.

What kinds of newer games can it run?
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
3 years ago#45
Did you post which CPU you have? No point pairing up a good GPU with a weak old CPU.

Assuming your CPU is half decent, and you don't want to buy a new PSU, I would jjst opt for the cheapest 1GB (the 2GB models use slower VRAM, and are best avoided) HD 7750 you can find.
3 years ago#46
pwnater777 posted...
pelon213 posted...

Depends on the resolution. I'm on 1440x900 and I can run Saints Row 4 completely maxed out, but that game isn't too demanding. Arkham City ran fine on ultra but I had to settle with DX9 only. Tomb Raider gets 40 fps on high, but it drops to sub-20 fps with TressFX on.

Strangely the game that I had to lower settings the most was Sleeping Dogs. I had to settle with medium-high to lose any noticeable lag. It's strange because that game is optimized for AMD cards (supposedly).
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
3 years ago#47
maybecalls posted...
Did you post which CPU you have? No point pairing up a good GPU with a weak old CPU.

Assuming your CPU is half decent, and you don't want to buy a new PSU, I would jjst opt for the cheapest 1GB (the 2GB models use slower VRAM, and are best avoided) HD 7750 you can find.

Yeah, I believe I posted it a while back. And my friend tells me that it'd be good for probably any PSU + GPU combo I go with.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
3 years ago#48
TropicMoon10 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
pelon213 posted...

Depends on the resolution. I'm on 1440x900 and I can run Saints Row 4 completely maxed out, but that game isn't too demanding. Arkham City ran fine on ultra but I had to settle with DX9 only. Tomb Raider gets 40 fps on high, but it drops to sub-20 fps with TressFX on.

Strangely the game that I had to lower settings the most was Sleeping Dogs. I had to settle with medium-high to lose any noticeable lag. It's strange because that game is optimized for AMD cards (supposedly).

Sounds like a pretty good deal!
"That's NASCAR tactics."
3 years ago#49
pwnater777 posted...
maybecalls posted...

Yeah, I believe I posted it a while back. And my friend tells me that it'd be good for probably any PSU + GPU combo I go with.

My bad. Got it........ AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor

It's alright. Go for it!
3 years ago#50
maybecalls posted...
pwnater777 posted...
maybecalls posted...

My bad. Got it........ AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor

It's alright. Go for it!

Sweeeet. Hunting one down later today then. Thanks for y'all's help.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best cheap graphics cards?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived