This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Order of best stealth PC games

#1NingishzidaPosted 1/22/2014 12:06:17 AM
Either pure stealth or stealth is most rewarding as per dev intent:

Thief 2: Metal Age
Thief: Dark Project
Deus Ex
STALKER SHoC
Hitman Blood Money
Manhunt
Mark of the Ninja
Riddick
Splinter Cell

Dishonored, Batman and Assassin's Creed are utter trash, not stealth games.
Metal Gear is a console franchise, and doesn't stack up anyway.
Fallout and other PC RPGs reward stealth and you can make sick stealth builds, but aren't focused on it enough to qualify.

Agree? (this was off the top of my head, so if I missed any, let me know)
#2LvthnPosted 1/22/2014 12:09:30 AM
In my mind Deus Ex will always be the quintessential PC stealth game, not just in gameplay but in atmosphere, and it perfectly suits the PC audience.

I like Assassin's Creed but I don't consider it a stealth game.
#3Ivany2008Posted 1/22/2014 12:19:36 AM
as a stealth game dishonored may be trash, though i disagree that its a trash game, quite the opposite

also, just to note, if you bothered to play dishonored on the hardest difficulty without being caught or using any tricks to glitch the game out, then its a really good stealth game. I actually took the time out to knock out every single guard I could find in the game on normal difficulty, and to a lesser point, try to knock out every person at the masquerade party
#4PokenubPosted 1/22/2014 12:47:20 AM
To be honest, Mark of the Ninja should be higher on that list.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#5TheBlueDeathPosted 1/22/2014 12:48:51 AM
Metal Gear doesn't stack up?

Now you're just being stupid.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6SienrurouniPosted 1/22/2014 12:51:59 AM
Blood Money, Mark of the Ninja, Riddick, and Dishonored all belong at or near the top of any list of stealth games. I'd even put the first three as the three top stealth games of all time, with Dishonored as a worthy successor to the Thief franchise.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#7Lonestar2000Posted 1/22/2014 1:01:52 AM
TheBlueDeath posted...

First time in a Ningishzida topic?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#8TheBlueDeathPosted 1/22/2014 1:03:12 AM
Lonestar2000 posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...

First time in a Ningishzida topic?

No, I've experienced him several times.

Usually once you can get past how he has a hard on for old games, he's not too bad.

But saying Metal Gear's stealth doesn't stack up is just plain stupid, and he's not normally that stupid outright.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9TimePharaohPosted 1/22/2014 1:03:27 AM
Sienrurouni posted...
Blood Money, Mark of the Ninja, Riddick, and Dishonored all belong at or near the top of any list of stealth games. I'd even put the first three as the three top stealth games of all time, with Dishonored as a worthy successor to the Thief franchise.

Says the guy who apparently didn't play Thief if he thinks anything he mentioned should be above it
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#10Ningishzida(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 1:24:01 AM
Sienrurouni posted...

Newbs these days...