This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First trailer for Medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance

#41dekouPosted 1/23/2014 3:38:06 PM
That's pretty ambitious for a first game of an indie studio. Without further info, I'd say the game will most likely not live up to expectations. However, I'll buy it if it does. After all, that trailer really does look damn good.
#42su27ChaosPosted 1/23/2014 3:40:45 PM
matu90rk posted...
No dragons, no buy.

Even though RPGs are started from fantasy medieval settings. It would be nice someone make medieval without the fantasy or even better a Victorian or Napoleon fantasy era settings which I hardly see. I like swords, ships, dragons, magic and muskets in a same story.
---
American products is good go buy them.
#43Dr_keithPosted 1/23/2014 3:44:14 PM
If i'm reading the kickstarter page right, the world is only 3.5 square miles?

I'm pretty sure if there was a castle in the two farthest corners of the map you'd be able to see one from atop the other.....
---
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.
#44ukemandwnbuPosted 1/23/2014 3:50:26 PM
Warhorse Studios' goal of 300,000 pounds (est. 500,000 dollars) has been met and is steadily exceeding.
#45Revival125Posted 1/23/2014 3:53:10 PM
IT would be nice to have a game that actually depicts being a soldier on the ground in a big siege or land battle.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#46SinisterSlayPosted 1/23/2014 3:57:34 PM
Revival125 posted...
IT would be nice to have a game that actually depicts being a soldier on the ground in a big siege or land battle.

Mount & Blade warband does that.....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#47Revival125Posted 1/23/2014 4:53:11 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Revival125 posted...

Mount & Blade warband does that.....

Yeh belive me I know I have about 300 hours logged into M&B. But this game seems to be a proper built story, obviously updated graphics and physics and as far as im concerned, the more games that let us fight in these epic battles the better. We havnt had the technology to do them justice before now at the right scale.

Total war is good. But im a general in Total War. Give me a game where I can be thick on the ground fighting among my men, fighting in a scene like out of Braveheart.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#48exclusiveburnerPosted 1/24/2014 6:36:33 AM
Wow....I can't believe two days later this game has funding it needs. Amazing! Congrats to the developers for putting up a decent video showing progress unlike other developers who have nothing but an idea. Can't wait, hope it makes much more over it's 300,000 mark and they deliver a truly awesome game.
#49ZeraphLordSPosted 1/24/2014 7:49:19 AM
SpazH3d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
SpazH3d posted...
It looks saucy, but what's the point of those prerendered scenes? This is 2014, people. Graphics should be good enough by now.

it clearly says in game footage

So did MotorStorm and Resistance! But okay, I will have faith since it's on CryEngine.

CryEngine supports some of the best object motion blur around, which is a typical hallmark of pre-rendered trailers and film CGI. I'm generally quite satisfied with the effects CE3 can put onscreen without such a massive performance hit, so I'm not really surprised with what I'm seeing.

I wish they didn't make their video 25fps, because it's stuttering all over the place.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#50SinisterSlayPosted 1/24/2014 7:50:12 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
SpazH3d posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
SpazH3d posted...
It looks saucy, but what's the point of those prerendered scenes? This is 2014, people. Graphics should be good enough by now.

it clearly says in game footage

So did MotorStorm and Resistance! But okay, I will have faith since it's on CryEngine.

CryEngine supports some of the best object motion blur around, which is a typical hallmark of pre-rendered trailers and film CGI. I'm generally quite satisfied with the effects CE3 can put onscreen without such a massive performance hit, so I'm not really surprised with what I'm seeing.

I wish they didn't make their video 25fps, because it's stuttering all over the place.

I hope the blur can be turned off. Nothing breaks immersion for me like motion blur does.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence