This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First trailer for Medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance

#51ZeraphLordSPosted 1/24/2014 9:20:17 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I hope the blur can be turned off. Nothing breaks immersion for me like motion blur does.

Likely, CE3 makes it pretty easy. Previously they've had it configurable in a manner akin to a camera (using a shutter-speed setting), so you should be able to tone it down to a realistic level (I mean, look out a vehicle window on a highway while focusing on a object that's fixed from your perspective (like the windowframe), there will be motion blur). Or you could turn it off entirely.

As much as I like object motion blur personally, it isn't perfect, and some people definitely don't like how it's implemented now. Until we have low-latency eyetracking, there's no way to fix it. Normally we track objects with our eyes (our focal vision), which means where we have our most defined and clearest vision, we also don't see the motion blur.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#52SinisterSlayPosted 1/24/2014 9:25:42 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I hope the blur can be turned off. Nothing breaks immersion for me like motion blur does.

Likely, CE3 makes it pretty easy. Previously they've had it configurable in a manner akin to a camera (using a shutter-speed setting), so you should be able to tone it down to a realistic level (I mean, look out a vehicle window on a highway while focusing on a object that's fixed from your perspective (like the windowframe), there will be motion blur). Or you could turn it off entirely.

As much as I like object motion blur personally, it isn't perfect, and some people definitely don't like how it's implemented now. Until we have low-latency eyetracking, there's no way to fix it. Normally we track objects with our eyes (our focal vision), which means where we have our most defined and clearest vision, we also don't see the motion blur.

That's good.

I remember first getting motion blur in the need for speed games. I found underground unplayable with it, and was glad the PC version had an option to turn it off.
Then Most Wanted didn't have the option, and at around 300kph it became so blurry that you couldn't see the track anymore. The game improved for me 100% when I found a hack on some german website to disable the motion blur. Once disabled the game became very realistic looking.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#53Greendragon854Posted 1/24/2014 1:14:50 PM
Looks pretty sweet - backed
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#54ukemandwnbuPosted 1/24/2014 5:30:40 PM
KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE STRETCH GOALS

300,000 (Achieved!)
ORIGINAL GOAL: The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our budget; To our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded.

LIVE IN-GAME PERIOD MUSIC: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note-for-note from ancient song books.

SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SOUNDTRACK: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.

PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER: We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise 600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous, and good at stealth.

PERFORMANCE MOTION CAPTURE: Motion capture is one of the most expensive parts of development. If we reach this goal, we will be able to capture actors with the latest and greatest technology on the market and capture not only their body movement, but also the facial animations and voices at the same time. This will deliver the best natural looking cutscenes and dialogues possible. If you saw Ryse, we talk about the same quality here.

COMING SOON?

COMING SOON?

Read more: Update #4
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/728375
#55Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 1/24/2014 5:40:32 PM
HeyItsZant posted...
CultCryptik posted...
$480 to get all 3 acts? seriously?? Unless you pay $480 you only get 1/3 of the game??

That's just for kickstarter.

That doesn't make any sense. So if someone pays a lower Kickstart tier, they get screwed over and people who don't even back the game and buy it on release get a better version?

wut

or people who pay that tier get a full game and everyone else doesn't (like he said)?
---
Yep.
#56ukemandwnbuPosted 1/25/2014 1:40:30 PM
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Achieved Goals:
300,000 (ACHIEVED!)
ORIGINAL GOAL: The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our budget; To our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded.

400,000 (ACHIEVED!)
LIVE IN-GAME PERIOD MUSIC: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note-for-note from ancient song books.

Next Goal (Currently 431,000 as of posting this):
SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SOUNDTRACK: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.
#57AnimorganimatePosted 1/25/2014 1:51:34 PM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
CultCryptik posted...
$480 to get all 3 acts? seriously?? Unless you pay $480 you only get 1/3 of the game??

That's just for kickstarter.

That doesn't make any sense. So if someone pays a lower Kickstart tier, they get screwed over and people who don't even back the game and buy it on release get a better version?

wut

or people who pay that tier get a full game and everyone else doesn't (like he said)?

That's why it's called crowd-funding, not just "let's donate money so we can get the game later". Often times you'll see people on Kickstarter pledging money that only benefits the game, and not themselves, because as a fan, they are so passionate about seeing the game completed.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#58blax34dmPosted 1/25/2014 2:09:16 PM
Looks pretty sweet, would be better with dragons though.
#59ADHDguitarPosted 1/25/2014 2:19:24 PM
Looks cool but that name.

Deliverance? really? Do we really need these stock subtitles?
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#60Majoras_pantsPosted 1/25/2014 2:24:53 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Looks cool but that name.

Deliverance? really? Do we really need these stock subtitles?

yes. Because they are making a trilogy of sorts. Deliverance is act 1.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer