This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First trailer for Medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance

#61ukemandwnbuPosted 1/25/2014 2:25:48 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Looks cool but that name.

Deliverance? really? Do we really need these stock subtitles?

I think I agree with you. The name really isn't all that original. Nevertheless, I remain excited for the game.
#62ukemandwnbuPosted 1/25/2014 2:27:25 PM
Let me rephrase my answer. I was referring to the title "Kingdom Come" not being all that original.
#63ukemandwnbuPosted 1/27/2014 2:01:52 PM
"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Achieved Goals:
300,000 (ACHIEVED!)
ORIGINAL GOAL: The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our budget; To our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded.

400,000 (ACHIEVED!)
LIVE IN-GAME PERIOD MUSIC: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note-for-note from ancient song books.

500,000 (ACHIEVED!)
SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SOUNDTRACK: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.

Next Goal (Currently 501,000 as of posting this update):
PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER: We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise 600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous, and good at stealth.

Warhorse Studios will come out with an update sometime today with (I think) new stretch goals, pledge tiers, and other announcements. Either I or someone else if they want will keep this topic posted on that if you're interested.
#64SinisterSlayPosted 1/27/2014 2:05:10 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Achieved Goals:
300,000 (ACHIEVED!)
ORIGINAL GOAL: The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our budget; To our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded.

400,000 (ACHIEVED!)
LIVE IN-GAME PERIOD MUSIC: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note-for-note from ancient song books.

500,000 (ACHIEVED!)
SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SOUNDTRACK: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.

Next Goal (Currently 501,000 as of posting this update):
PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER: We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise 600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous, and good at stealth.

Warhorse Studios will come out with an update sometime today with (I think) new stretch goals, pledge tiers, and other announcements. Either I or someone else if they want will keep this topic posted on that if you're interested.

They should probably just look at the original story and see if it really requires a man, I bet with a few pronoun changes it could work for either gender unless there is a scene where the characters pees his name in the snow. Then it could be interesting....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#65WygunPosted 1/27/2014 3:45:31 PM
If the game is set in historic middle ages then female chars would definitely play differently as male (discrimination against women was common).
#66SinisterSlayPosted 1/27/2014 3:49:21 PM
Wygun posted...
If the game is set in historic middle ages then female chars would definitely play differently as male (discrimination against women was common).

It's amazing then that warband managed it so easily.

So add a few insults to the dialog so people are mad at your for being female, make it like "hard" mode like warband does.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#67ukemandwnbuPosted 1/28/2014 11:51:46 AM
Well, no new stretch goals or tiers were announced, but there was a detailed FAQ and a video update released. On their Facebook I was reading that Warhorse is still deciding on what new tier pledges they can add (specifically digital tiers, I presume for the PC crowd). I don't believe anything was said about new stretch goals yet. My guess is they'll show new stretch goals when they reach the 700,000 goal, possibly even the 600,000 goal. (As of posting this they are at 526,000.)

On to the recent updates. With so many questions being asked about the game, Warhorse put together an extensive FAQ on ranging from a bit of everything that people might have been asking about. You can view Update #6 here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/730980

The video update it is not only an update about the game but also a "Making of" for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. This video is the first of several to come. The first video goes explores where Warhorse got the inspiration for their in-game world. You can view Update #7 here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/731050
#68ukemandwnbuPosted 1/28/2014 10:13:46 PM
Here is a site I came across called Kicktraq that analyzes crowd-funded projects potential funding as well as said projects' current funding progress. First time I've been to this site, thought it'd be interesting to share.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/
#69ukemandwnbuPosted 2/3/2014 12:31:34 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/592/142/268ef14dba491ef1a7849316b1f3de00_large.png

Now onto the 700,000 Performance Motion Capture stretch goal!
#70StingyrayPosted 2/3/2014 2:09:04 AM
I do hope that the world is actually larger than they mention. Nine square kilometers is rather tiny. I find Skyrim, Oblivion and the likes to be tiny and even they are larger than this map.

Granted this is just a size comparison. Beth game worlds are generally boring and barren, and lately so has game design.
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken