This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Backing up a gmail inbox. Anyone know how?

#11gldoorii(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 9:32:03 AM(edited)
*sigh* I now have all the emails I need synced to outlook and in a folder, but now I need to print them all out.. When I select a group of them to print It only prints the first one. I have tried selecting multiple emails and right click -> print as well as file -> print, but it still only prints the first email. Is there a way to print out more than one email at a time? I have 9002 emails now because it's going from today back to Oct 2012.. this is going to take forever one by one.

I'm using Outlook 2007
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#12urtvPosted 1/24/2014 9:52:58 AM
tell your boss to fire you and hire me
#13JKatarnPosted 1/24/2014 10:42:46 AM
urtv posted...
tell your boss to fire you and hire me

I don't think "troll for X years at game forum x, y, z" is a qualification employers are looking for.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#14ShubPosted 1/24/2014 11:20:21 AM(edited)
I can suggest a few things:
1) Suggest that the law firm or whoever you're working with get with the goddamn times and accept those emails in digital format. If they want to waste 9000 pieces of paper on the basis (but not the certainty) that there is a useful piece of evidence within, let them deal with that. I've dealt with data collections for lawsuits a few times where I currently work, and while the law may be different in my state, my only obligation was to provide the data; there was no obligation for me to print it. In this case the law firm requested it in digital format, but I would have done it that way no matter what.
In this day and age the notion of printing 9000 pages for any reason is ludicrous.
Just create a PST file and copy the emails to it, then burn it to a DVD. If it's too big to fit in a DVD, split it in two or use a USB thumb drive.
Any law firm should have access to tools to comb through PST files and discover data automatically based on keywords, so there's no need to print anything but what is identified as potential evidence.

2) http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/auto-print.asp is not free but will probably cost your boss a lot less than the hours you'd spend printing this junk instead of doing something that generates value/revenue for your company.

3) Develop a simple Visual Basic script to recursively print all emails in a given folder.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15gldoorii(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 11:40:28 AM
Shub posted...
I can suggest a few things:
1) Suggest that the law firm or whoever you're working with get with the goddamn times and accept those emails in digital format. If they want to waste 9000 pieces of paper on the basis (but not the certainty) that there is a useful piece of evidence within, let them deal with that. I've dealt with data collections for lawsuits a few times where I currently work, and while the law may be different in my state, my only obligation was to provide the data; there was no obligation for me to print it. In this case the law firm requested it in digital format, but I would have done it that way no matter what.
In this day and age the notion of printing 9000 pages for any reason is ludicrous.
Just create a PST file and copy the emails to it, then burn it to a DVD. If it's too big to fit in a DVD, split it in two or use a USB thumb drive.
Any law firm should have access to tools to comb through PST files and discover data automatically based on keywords, so there's no need to print anything but what is identified as potential evidence.

2) http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/auto-print.asp is not free but will probably cost your boss a lot less than the hours you'd spend printing this junk instead of doing something that generates value/revenue for your company.

3) Develop a simple Visual Basic script to recursively print all emails in a given folder.

1) Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. I said the same thing, but it's not a matter of keeping up with times. The reason I have to print this stuff is because we were ordered to provide it to the opposing counsel and I was told to print it all and let him go through it himself (basically, my boss wants to be a jerk to him because he's a jerk to us). I'm just the messenger, ya know?

2) I'll look into that and see if that will work. Also, this actually does generate revenue because whatever time I spend on this "project" is being billed to our client. Is that the "right" things to do, no, but hey...it's between him and the client.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix