This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming Laptop with $2000 budget. Help!

#11iammaxhailmePosted 1/23/2014 7:18:48 AM
Whoops, what I actually got was this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DD0FPIQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#12PokenubPosted 1/23/2014 7:22:40 AM
5squad posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
lolgaminglaptop

When you've been on this forum for longer than 4 years... then you have a right to comment on my threads without using your space bar.
"Account Created Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:37 AM,"

Clearly you've been logging in on this site for far too many days to have a life outside of trolling other people's threads. Go pester people who havent been registered on this site, since before you were old enough to get a hard on!

Not that I need to justify myself to you but to shed light on why I'm asking the question... I am on the road frequently with work for months at a time, and can't exactly log a PC on an airplane. So bringing a laptop along is much more feasible. Not to mention I have a wife who likes my company on occasion, so being able to game while I'm in the same room with her earns me bonus points. Anyone who's married or has been married would understand this.

I qualify and therefore second "lolgaminglaptop".

Unless you're chilling playing BF4 with your wife, get a good PC and an average laptop.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#13ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/23/2014 7:42:49 AM
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=special

These are cheaper than alienware. Sager is a good brand, and I've bought my last 2 laptops from them, and they're good quality.
#14PharohofLaptopsPosted 1/23/2014 8:44:26 AM
Why are you contemplating on paying for something that does not exist?
#15ClouddxPosted 1/23/2014 8:50:11 AM
May I ask why you absolutely need a gaming laptop of this caliber? You can spend $1k get a decent laptop and have enough left over for a ridiculously good desktop.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#16ATARIJAWAPosted 1/23/2014 8:55:51 AM
Clouddx posted...
May I ask why you absolutely need a gaming laptop of this caliber? You can spend $1k get a decent laptop and have enough left over for a ridiculously good desktop.

"Not that I need to justify myself to you but to shed light on why I'm asking the question... I am on the road frequently with work for months at a time, and can't exactly log a PC on an airplane. So bringing a laptop along is much more feasible. Not to mention I have a wife who likes my company on occasion, so being able to game while I'm in the same room with her earns me bonus points. Anyone who's married or has been married would understand this."

May I ask why you don't have a decent pair of glasses?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#17ClouddxPosted 1/23/2014 8:57:16 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Clouddx posted...

"Not that I need to justify myself to you but to shed light on why I'm asking the question... I am on the road frequently with work for months at a time, and can't exactly log a PC on an airplane. So bringing a laptop along is much more feasible. Not to mention I have a wife who likes my company on occasion, so being able to game while I'm in the same room with her earns me bonus points. Anyone who's married or has been married would understand this."

May I ask why you don't have a decent pair of glasses?

Clearly I read nothing that has to do with Timepharaoh, and my sight has nothing to do with missing a single post.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#18gsf4lyfePosted 1/23/2014 10:34:24 AM
iammaxhailme posted...
It only took 3 replies until somebody ****posted, what a shock.

And loom who it was, even bigger shock
---
FX 6300 @ 4.0Ghz | GTX 760 | AsRock 970 Extreme3 | 120 GB 840 EVO | 2x4GB RAM @ 1600Mhz | CX 500m
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#19YOeastonYOPosted 1/23/2014 11:37:21 AM
5squad posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
lolgaminglaptop

When you've been on this forum for longer than 4 years... then you have a right to comment on my threads without using your space bar.
"Account Created Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:

Public forum is public.

That said, getting a monstrous gaming laptop is absurd. You do not get what you pay for. Period. You can easily go out and get a laptop for about $900 that will play games perfectly fine with some adjustments to the settings. That extra grand left over can go to something much more worthwhile instead of an incinerator.

And don't get me wrong. There are good gaming laptops and I completely understand why people would want one. But to crank out that much money on a laptop...you will regret it, trust me. Being able to afford it, having a good job, been saving for etc. is all good. But immediately after that purchase you will second guess it.
---
FX-9590 | Antec Kuhler h2o 1220 | ASUS 7970 | ROG Crosshair V | Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD | ROG Raidr | Antec TPQ-1200 | Antec DF-85 | AMD Radeon RG2133 |
#20ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/23/2014 12:41:10 PM
I don't recommend getting a dual GPU laptop. Laptops already struggle with heat, and slapping another GPU inside of a case that is already gonna get borderline toasty with just one GPU means your laptop is gonna burn like a fukushima reactor.