This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird monitor issue...

#1Gmoney-Posted 1/22/2014 7:44:41 PM
Yeah hi.. Very annoyed right now..

Let me explain my set up... I've got my PC beside my TV... I primarily use my monitor but for SP games with a controller I like to send the display over to the TV and enable the audio in a sort of annoying process but it works and I'm sure most people do it.

Anyway..

My buddy and I are watching a movie... I start passing out so he tells me to turn it off.. I'm too lazy and he does it... Now I don't know WHAT he could of possibly did..but I'm pissed right now.

I want to game out with my monitor and everything is fine except for when I turn off my TV... Now when the TV turns off I get the disconnect noise and my monitor goes to sleep and turns orange... Like they're some how connected or something.

I pull the HDMI and the screen comes back. As soon as it goes back in the screen shuts back off. It's basically happening in the reverse way it used too..

I'd rather shut my TV off while PC gaming so now I'm right annoyed.
---
All we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#2Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:14:08 PM
So being super annoyed with this I tried turning everything off but the PC and then flipping the powerbar.

When the PC booted up I has picture again... Everything was good. Turned the TV on.. Everything still good.

Turned it off... Boom! Monitor on standby! I just don't get it. I'm seriously pissed right now.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#3PoltregeistPosted 1/22/2014 8:39:51 PM
Maybe display settings went from "expand this display" to "mirror"
Check the ati or whatever you are using aswell.
#4Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:49:12 PM
Maybe display settings went from "expand this display" to "mirror"
Check the ati or whatever you are using aswell.

I'm Nvidia and the resolution thingy is on display only monitor 1.

I tried switching then around again... I don't know.

Sometimes if I was gaming on my tv and was too lazy to swap them I'd just shut the TV off... The display would come back on my monitor... Now that isn't even happening... It's like the TV is still sending a connected signal or something even when it isn't.
---
#5Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 9:45:22 PM
Bump... This makes no friggin sense I'm like tearing my hair out here..

Is this just some stupid glitch? I'm seriously pissed I can't use my monitor unless my TV is on... Even if it's not displaying anything... It makes no sense what so ever.
---
#6pitt12177Posted 1/22/2014 9:59:33 PM
I just did this tonight. I set my monitor and my tv to 1/2 duplicate the screen then when I switched back and yanked the cord I restored my settings and put my computer to sleep and woke it back up and it was fine.
#7Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 10:04:01 PM
I just did this tonight. I set my monitor and my tv to 1/2 duplicate the screen then when I switched back and yanked the cord I restored my settings and put my computer to sleep and woke it back up and it was fine.

I don't get what you mean..

You set it to duplicate... Then to display only to your monitor.. Then you yanked which cord? The HDMI? What settings did you restore?

That was kind of vague and I don't know if you have the same issue as me.

Basically when I turn off my second monitor even if I don't have anything displaying on it... My first monitor is going to sleep for no reason.

So the other monitor has to be on for me to even use my PC regardless now and it makes no sense.
---
#8Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 1:38:38 AM
Bump
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#9IBKNAWTUPosted 1/23/2014 1:46:58 AM
They are now linked, ready to pilot a jaeger and fight kaiju.
Maybe they'll save the world or something!

I have no real answers for you but you gotta look at the possibilities.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#10Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 7:54:32 AM
They are now linked, ready to pilot a jaeger and fight kaiju.
Maybe they'll save the world or something!

I have no real answers for you but you gotta look at the possibilities.

Haha, thanks.
---