This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guild Wars 2 is underrated

#21johnny_payPosted 1/23/2014 8:29:05 AM
its not under rated. in the run up and just after it launched it was pretty popular on this board. its just people have moved on to other games.
#22AsucaHayashiPosted 1/23/2014 8:34:09 AM
it had a fantastic launch and people were instantly mesmerized by its world and potential.

too bad that type of hype was matched by how quickly it fell apart towasds the end.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#23Rexdragon125Posted 1/23/2014 8:37:21 AM
I want to like the game. Guild Wars has a rich and interesting lore, which I'd love to interact with. But the devs want nothing to do with this, and every time I play it I'm either bored to death or annoyed by dumb and user hostile design.
#24SycoPosted 1/23/2014 8:46:16 AM
Ridiculous thread...

Guild Wars 2 is not underrated for the following reasons

1. It's reviews are almost entirely positive across the board.

2. Whether or not an MMO is a success can only be judged in terms of long term viability and popularity.

Remember, Swtor was going to be a WoW killer and had a hugely successful launch. Now it's on life support. Rift had a good launch. Even Conan has a respectable launch in terms of initial sales.

None of it means anything. Guild Wars 2 is where it is because the vast majority of the millions who purchased it do not feel it is something to be terribly excited about. If the game isn't generating interest, it doesn't deserve to be rated higher.
#25SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/23/2014 10:35:51 AM
Besides the expection of WOW, I think most people stick to the official forums with MMO's. And even though WOW is in the top 10 here, its still a slow bored a lot of times, especially comparted to official.
#26CaliberChampPosted 1/23/2014 10:57:01 AM
clowning posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Its the best most detailed MMO out there. Its good that its a bit different from other MMOs that is what makes it stand out. It isn't just another wow clone. I think it has lived up to its manifesto.

No...it has not lived up to its manifesto, at all. Not even close. Home instance, story, all generic garbage or pointless. Tab targeting combat, typical skills and progression, generic quests.

GW2 is almost exactly like every other MMO out there.

Home instance doesn't change much but if you actually do the living story quests you get more things to mine and harvest. Story is always different for each character you create so that's another BS complaint you have. Generic? So what about tab targeting? You have actual skills that take timing and that combo like flanking strikes, cluster bomb, and like cluster bomb other aimable attacks. Quests aren't generic since you have a choice of options about how you want to complete your quest. Its like you didn't even play guild wars 2.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, Gone Home, EVE Online.
#27ClouddxPosted 1/23/2014 11:06:43 AM(edited)
CaliberChamp posted...
clowning posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Its the best most detailed MMO out there. Its good that its a bit different from other MMOs that is what makes it stand out. It isn't just another wow clone. I think it has lived up to its manifesto.

No...it has not lived up to its manifesto, at all. Not even close. Home instance, story, all generic garbage or pointless. Tab targeting combat, typical skills and progression, generic quests.

GW2 is almost exactly like every other MMO out there.

Home instance doesn't change much but if you actually do the living story quests you get more things to mine and harvest. Story is always different for each character you create so that's another BS complaint you have. Generic? So what about tab targeting? You have actual skills that take timing and that combo like flanking strikes, cluster bomb, and like cluster bomb other aimable attacks. Quests aren't generic since you have a choice of options about how you want to complete your quest. Its like you didn't even play guild wars 2.

It's like you described every other MMO out there. GW2 is just as generic as the rest of them, and I actually play the game.

+You have Skyrim under recommended games and DkS under terrible games. You have a right to your own opinion, but that's just laughable.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#28bluezeroPosted 1/23/2014 11:09:41 AM
5 years of development: There will be no gear treadmill, just cosmetic.

3 months in: Here's a gear treadmill because people complained.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#29BowsaaPosted 1/23/2014 11:11:28 AM
Clouddx posted...
+You have Skyrim under recommended games and DkS under terrible games. You have a right to your own opinion, but that's just laughable.

Dark Souls was garbage. Truly entirely overrated.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#30ClouddxPosted 1/23/2014 11:13:15 AM
Bowsaa posted...
Clouddx posted...

Dark Souls was garbage. Truly entirely overrated.

^
Opinion
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S