This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indie Gala Bundle: Fire and Sword(featuring Mount and Blade)

#1calcyclePosted 1/23/2014 3:54:03 PM
www.indiegala.com/weekly

Leviathan Warships
Mount and Blade
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword
War of the Roses: Kingmaker
Sengoku

only $5, $4.49 for the first 8 hours.

seems alright for a bundle, I think the main draws are Mount and Blade and maybe War of the Roses.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#2KillerTrufflePosted 1/23/2014 3:58:25 PM
I've been told by more than one person that Warband is the best Mount & Blade game, so I passed on this bundle. However, Warband is actually on sale for $3 (85% off) with Bundle Stars right now...

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/mount-and-blade-warband/
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3r0ge00Posted 1/23/2014 4:00:19 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I've been told by more than one person that Warband is the best Mount & Blade game, so I passed on this bundle. However, Warband is actually on sale for $3 (85% off) with Bundle Stars right now...

Can more people confirm? Warband is the bee's knees? I kind of want to try these out.
#4CatToyPosted 1/23/2014 4:06:43 PM
Warband is easily the best of the series, likely why it wasn't included. It's effectively an expansion on Mount & Blade, while Fire and Sword removed a lot of sandbox elements that made M&B+Warband compelling to begin with in exchange for a story.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 1/23/2014 4:10:20 PM
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Can more people confirm? Warband is the bee's knees? I kind of want to try these out.

I just bought Warband from Bundle Stars - haven't tried it yet, so you'll have to rely on others to actually confirm. heh My post wasn't confirmation at all - just saying what I've been told from multiple sources.

A comment from one of my friends:

"... if you haven't played Mount and Blade: Warband (make sure you get the Warband version!) then you're missing out! Basic graphics, but the gameplay is killer. You can focus on being an awesome warrior, or an archer, or a trader, a leader of troops, a diplomat, etc. You can enter tournaments and bet on yourself, capture bandits and enemy troops to ransom off for cash (quite lucrative actually), you can carry goods to distant cities where they're in high demand, all kinds of stuff."

He told me this with a good 330 hours into Warband so far. That was last week, and now Warband is on sale this week for $3, so I bit.
---
#6Fade2black001Posted 1/23/2014 4:10:33 PM
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Who seriousl uses the "bees knees"? Are you like 60 years old?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#7SleepComaPosted 1/23/2014 4:19:35 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Also Warband has one of the better online multiplayers. Total war with 100vs100 matches.
---
*Projectile Vomits* Those prices are fantastic!
#8KillerTrufflePosted 1/23/2014 4:22:48 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Who seriously teases people for using a goofy colloquialism? Are you like 6 years old?
---
#9calcycle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 4:26:57 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Who seriously teases people for using a goofy colloquialism? Are you like 6 years old?

Who seriously judges people for teasing someone? Are you 16 years old?
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#10Ikari GendoPosted 1/23/2014 4:47:49 PM
calcycle posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Who seriously judges people for teasing someone? Are you 16 years old?

Who really is an ageist? Are you all some age with a 6?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA