This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played a couple hours of dark souls... Wow (very light spoilers)

#51locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:43:26 AM
daemon_dan posted...
locky723 posted...
I do enjoy dark souls, it's just frustrating when I keep dying and having to go back to that same area. Though I really should build up on my stamina and health. Thanks guys. I think I might end up trying 2 too... Even though it's gonna be even harder X.X

Haha you should try Demon's Souls then. The place you have to start from is usually much more sparsely placed

Isn't it only on ps3? Also, how do you block people? On gamefaqs.
#52daemon_danPosted 1/24/2014 3:45:25 AM
locky723 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
locky723 posted...
I do enjoy dark souls, it's just frustrating when I keep dying and having to go back to that same area. Though I really should build up on my stamina and health. Thanks guys. I think I might end up trying 2 too... Even though it's gonna be even harder X.X

Haha you should try Demon's Souls then. The place you have to start from is usually much more sparsely placed

Yes, it's PS3 exclusive. And to ignore them, click "message detail" on one of their posts then scroll down and there's a button that says ignore user
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#53locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:54:54 AM
daemon_dan posted...
locky723 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
locky723 posted...

Yes, it's PS3 exclusive. And to ignore them, click "message detail" on one of their posts then scroll down and there's a button that says ignore user

I need a ps3 :/
#54M0NSTER_Posted 1/24/2014 5:00:24 AM
ha I remember when I first played this game I spent the first 6 hours fighting the skeletons after the tutorial dungeon. I couldn't believe the jump in difficulty from the tutorial to them damn skeletons. Needless to say I taught myself how to fight because a couple hits from them and you would be dead. Oh how I felt like a fool when I realized that wasn't the right way to go at the beginning.
#55daemon_danPosted 1/24/2014 5:06:11 AM
M0NSTER_ posted...
ha I remember when I first played this game I spent the first 6 hours fighting the skeletons after the tutorial dungeon. I couldn't believe the jump in difficulty from the tutorial to them damn skeletons. Needless to say I taught myself how to fight because a couple hits from them and you would be dead. Oh how I felt like a fool when I realized that wasn't the right way to go at the beginning.

uhhh, there's a Zweihander over there. Of course it's the right way to go.

More seriouly: Yeah, the skeletons are hard and give a pittance of soul. But if you have the testicular fortitude to make the catacombs your b*** at the start of the game, that gives you a huge leg up with being able to kindle fires higher.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#56SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/24/2014 9:03:33 AM
It is one of the things that does make the game hard TC. I remember I had to come online and google how to equip and cast a spell when I was a noob.
#57SienrurouniPosted 1/24/2014 9:17:44 AM
I really need to beat Dark Souls. I beat Demon's Souls and put 150 or so hours into it, but as much as I liked Dark Souls I never got as into it. Having to find all the levels instead of having a level select always irked me. I love a good Metroidvania, and it's reminiscent of that, but I'd get stuck at one point or not figure out where to go, or have three different levels that I'd occasionally try, and I got distracted by other games and just never really got back into it. It's a fantastic game, but it didn't really get me to just devote my life to it for a while like Demon's Souls did.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#58CELTEKKPosted 1/24/2014 11:49:30 AM
Until you play Ninja Gaiden on the Master Ninja difficulty, you aren't allowed to call a game "hard."
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#59Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 1/24/2014 5:54:25 PM
Just ignore TimePharaoh. Dude is supremely buttdevastated all the time.
---
Yep.
#60BogePosted 1/24/2014 6:11:09 PM
Loshadt posted...
Boge posted...
They need a better menu with better tooltips.

7/10, you got me.

I don't understand what you mean.
---
How I see nearly every GameFAQs user: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c