This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know, Something I wouldn't mind seeing

#1GoIdenAcePosted 1/23/2014 6:38:21 PM(edited)
A Metroid Prime ~-esque game on PC

honestly, it doesn't have to be metroid itself

but something that could be seen as a spiritual successor to the series
long as it's built more along the concepts of the metroid series, vs other FPS adventure games
---
Anna's Official Husband of the Fire Emblem Awakening board | Going WiiU/PC this gen
Official holder of the Maximus Notebook | What I draw becomes real :3
#2EGMRULZPosted 1/23/2014 6:18:21 PM
Metroid Prime is not my cup of tea. We need more 2D Metroidvanias. I really loved some of the fanmade 2D Metroid games floating around.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#3MortalDangerPosted 1/23/2014 6:20:14 PM
ESQUE. It's -esque!

And I've never played one :(
---
God Bless America.
#4MaxCHEATER64Posted 1/23/2014 6:21:02 PM
Dolphin
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#5GoIdenAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 6:38:54 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Dolphin

yes yes i know
but i more mean a game in it's style, played with mouse and WASD
---
Anna's Official Husband of the Fire Emblem Awakening board | Going WiiU/PC this gen
#6MaxCHEATER64Posted 1/23/2014 6:45:15 PM
Actually, that wouldn't be so bad.
I liked Prime 1, a successor made by Retro that's on the PC would be pretty cool

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#7GoIdenAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 8:28:40 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Actually, that wouldn't be so bad.
I liked Prime 1, a successor made by Retro that's on the PC would be pretty cool

You know, something I noticed about Prime1 and Super metroid

they seem the most focused on a gameplay driven story, vs cutscenes and being told what's going on
as well as they both share a common factor of visiting each area some 4 or 5 times, not because you have to, but because you almost WANT to, after getting a new power, and knowing what new areas are unlocked
---
#8lazycomplifePosted 1/23/2014 11:07:54 PM
I support this post. I love the layout of the Metroid Prime games, as well as the environment.
Get new weapon-->Explore-->Do a level-->Repeat
I love all the extra collectibles you can find with new weapons. That kind of progression (also in Zelda series) is awesome. Nintendo is awesome. I love Nintendo.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#9GoIdenAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 1:06:52 AM
lazycomplife posted...
I support this post. I love the layout of the Metroid Prime games, as well as the environment.
Get new weapon-->Explore-->Do a level-->Repeat
I love all the extra collectibles you can find with new weapons. That kind of progression (also in Zelda series) is awesome. Nintendo is awesome. I love Nintendo.

you know, i have a nickname for this kind of progression
I like to call it 'gating'

think of it this way, a game based in a large maze, with random green, blue, and red gates

looking around for a while, you find a green key and can now open green gates
past a green door, you find a blue key and can now open blue gates
past a blue gate, re key for red gates
past one of those gates, a key that allows you to exit

i know.. that seems pretty basic, but that's really the idea in simplicity

the thermal visor (key) is behind a path of wave beam doors (gate)
the wave beam (key) is behind a door that you need the space jump to reach (gate)
the space jump (key) needs the boost ball to reach (gate)
the boost ball (key) is in phendrana, past magmore caverns, which can't be explored without the varia suit (gate)

...see my point here?

Don't get me wrong, I do love large exploration games like fallout or farcry, but not many games i've seen can get this form of 'gating' mechanic down right, except for the aforementioned zelda and metroid, which, both are pretty much built on (with some exceptions)
---
#10PsythikPosted 1/24/2014 1:09:17 AM
I don't get the big deal about Metroid. The only one I ever played was the SNES one, and got bored after a half hour.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg