This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It makes me sad that especially nowadays people say PC has no games/exclusives.

#41hakmiyaPosted 1/23/2014 11:17:53 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
hakmiya posted...
It's kind of true from what I see.
Pretty much every game that I like are multiplatform and any PC "exclusive" worth looking at has gone or on its way to consoles.
Crysis, gone to consoles.
Outlast, gone to consoles.
minecraft, gone to consoles.
planetside,going to consoles
diablo, back on consoles and ironically is now the superior version.
teamfotress, on consoles.
Petty much every valve game from this point on will be on consoles.
and that free to play game with the space ninjas, I cant remember its name.
the only Pc exclusive that I'm looking forward to is star citizen and that will eventually show up on consoles if it turns out to be good.

pretty much all of these are worse on console whether it be through graphics/framerate, choice of controls, pricing, mods or features.

it's a fair trade considering the fact that over the years PC has gotten SF4AE, injustice, MK, castlevania: LoS, dark souls, deadly premonition, naruto, enslaved, alan wake, an absolute ****ton of XBLA arcade "exclusives" and most recently MGS: revengeance and apparently the final(or just latest) proper version of RE4.

also, if you think D3 is the superior version on console, then you obviously haven't tried its online play which is unplayable due to being a hacker's paradise. it's slated for rerelease on PS4 and i'm pretty sure the same will happen there.

That's not the point. The point is the games that are usually worth looking at are multiplatform. No one said anything about console exclusives either.

Also I have "tried" diablo on the xbox 360 because I own and even though it might be overrun with kids using modded gear it is still better because 1. I don't' play with random. 2. If I did find a cheater I could leave.( Even in diablo 2 I had no issues with cheaters). 3. I don't have to worry about losing progress or being killed if the connection hic ups and I'm not a corporate slave who pays and support games with always online DRM.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#42ThePonyColliePosted 1/24/2014 1:04:19 AM
Where is Mangroouusha with his man-children fetish?
#43Bellum_SacrumPosted 1/24/2014 1:27:11 AM
It's actually true.

Just look at the various GOTY-awarded games this year.

Bioshock Infinite
Gone Home
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario 3D World
The Last of Us
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Currently only 2 of them are available on PC (one is exclusive). And they were both unpopular GOTY choices.

It's an undeniable fact that some of the better games never make it to PC. But only casuals rely on a PC exclusively anyway, so it's not a "great" loss.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#44MaxCHEATER64Posted 1/24/2014 3:07:19 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
It's actually true.

Just look at the various GOTY-awarded games this year.

Bioshock Infinite
Gone Home
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario 3D World
The Last of Us
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Currently only 2 of them are available on PC (one is exclusive). And they were both unpopular GOTY choices.

It's an undeniable fact that some of the better games never make it to PC. But only casuals rely on a PC exclusively anyway, so it's not a "great" loss.

Everyone knows that GOTY awards are a joke.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM