This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much worse is Dead Space 3?

#1RawePosted 1/23/2014 8:32:17 PM
Then the other 2? I loved the other 2. Also does it run at 30 fps?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#2Ep1taph303Posted 1/23/2014 8:36:44 PM
It's good and the port is decent. It runs @ 60fps on pc.
#3CatToyPosted 1/23/2014 8:39:18 PM
It's a good enough game, especially co-op, the weapon building is pretty lame though.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4Jprime666Posted 1/23/2014 8:40:09 PM
Ep1taph303 posted...

It has some of the worst mouse acceleration ever though.

Anyway, it's about not nearly as scary as Dead Space 2 was, and has A LOT more action. Dead Space 3 is about as scary as Gears of War.

I didn't think DS2 was very scary to start with, but DS3 doesn't even try. Make of that what you will.
---
Zvarri!
#5jakisthePosted 1/23/2014 8:43:28 PM
2>3>1, IMO. DS3 does a fine job.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#6PhilOnDezPosted 1/23/2014 8:43:40 PM
I only played the console version but it was solid, if disappointing. I knew it would be disappointing though because I wanted Dead Space 2 2, not Dead Space 3.

All the major pre-launch complaints were completely unfounded. It has microtransactions but you -might- spend a dollar the first hour you play to get a head start (You can get one of the best weapon mods in the first mission if you have tungsten, but tungsten is extremely rare, only reliable way to get it is with resource packs and the only way to buy a resource pack until the second mission is cash), after that there's no reason to because they pretty much throw the packs at you. Protip: Buy the cheapest pack when you have ration seals, mathematically speaking the expensive ones are a horrible purchase. The other big complaint I remember was the dodge roll. They may as well have left it out because it won't help you avoid damage, there's zero invincibility frames and it isn't any faster than running.

They did do one thing amazingly well though, the final boss (2's final boss was epic as well, in a different way). I won't spoil it but it was really cool.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7Ep1taph303Posted 1/23/2014 8:44:35 PM
Jprime666 posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...

It has some of the worst mouse acceleration ever though.

Anyway, it's about not nearly as scary as Dead Space 2 was, and has A LOT more action. Dead Space 3 is about as scary as Gears of War.

I didn't think DS2 was very scary to start with, but DS3 doesn't even try. Make of that what you will.

Used a controller, can't comment on mouse acceleration.
#8AllmatteredPosted 1/23/2014 8:46:07 PM
Worse? That's debatable. The game is actually better than its predecessors in every way apart from the scares. There's of course alot more action, new minigames, a new gun building feature that makes you feel like how Isaac should be and for once and new environments to explore. You will spend a good chunk of the beginning of the game in outerspace before crashing into the snowy planet below.
Overall it's a much more refined game sequel, if you're like me who never found the DS games scary anyway to give a damn about it
#9CatToyPosted 1/23/2014 8:47:33 PM
It does have negative mouse acceleration. It didn't bother me personally, I never looked around fast enough to notice it and it's not a fast paced game either.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#10Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 8:47:35 PM
Thanks. I really want to play it now actually.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ