This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you guys recommend me some games?

#1mariofilho12Posted 1/23/2014 9:39:43 PM
I'm an avid fan of Strategy/RPG/Action-Adventure games, and I also play shooters every once in a while. I've been replaying Mount & Blade recently because I've become quite bored with a lot of the games in my steam library. Can you guys give me any reccomendations in terms of games that have some kind of progression (That doesn't end up being completely meaningless) or an engaging story?
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
PSN: Cardender
#2lazycomplifePosted 1/23/2014 9:41:02 PM
Define "meaningless," because arguably, everything is meaningless.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#3mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 9:45:14 PM
lazycomplife posted...
Define "meaningless," because arguably, everything is meaningless.

I guess it makes sense to elaborate. I mean progression systems that actually end up changing things in the core game mechanics, more stuff like Mount and Blade, and less stuff like Call of Duty.

A game doesn't even really need progression for me to enjoy it, but this boredom phase would probably lend itself to a game that can make me feel acomplished for investing time into it
---
#4lazycomplifePosted 1/23/2014 9:53:31 PM
I recommend Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile. PoE is free, so it's worth trying. I only played one playthrough, but it was pretty enjoyable. I can't really think of anything that is like M&B, though.
Also try Tomb Raider, I was pleasantly surprised by it when I got it on sale recently. It's $12.50 on gamefly at the moment.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#5mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 9:56:07 PM(edited)
lazycomplife posted...
I recommend Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile. PoE is free, so it's worth trying. I only played one playthrough, but it was pretty enjoyable. I can't really think of anything that is like M&B, though.
Also try Tomb Raider, I was pleasantly surprised by it when I got it on sale recently. It's $12.50 on gamefly at the moment.

I've played torchlight 2 pretty extensively, but ended up dropping it because I got tired of all the diablo style top down RPG's, and the same goes for PoE. I've got Tomb Raider as well but ended up dropping it pretty early on as well because from what I played it just seemed like an inferior clone of Uncharted. Should I give it another shot? If it gets better later it might end up being pretty enjoyable
---
#6-5xad0w-Posted 1/23/2014 10:02:45 PM
Since you mentioned strategy and RPG, take a look at Fallen Enchantress: Legendary heroes if you haven't yet.

Plays like a modern Master of Magic. (itself having been a magical cousin of Master of Orion)

Lot of customization in that you can make your own rulers, factions and military units. Which in turn can be used as AI for your games.

Strictly single player.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#7oiburPosted 1/23/2014 10:05:48 PM
starcraft 2.. pretty much sums it all up.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#8sonic_man00Posted 1/23/2014 10:07:58 PM
Best:
To The Moon. Engaging story, And the more I played, The more I wanted to play it.
Titan Quest. Diablo clone with better graphics and good mod community.
Sanctum 1 & 2:Both are awesome TD/Shooters. 2nd one is free for the weekend.
Portal 2:Puzzle/Shooter with great voice acting and good visuals.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2:I love it. Seriously. Cheap too.

Great:
Terraria:9.99 is what I paid, You should probably wait for a sale. Great game, With loads of content.
Mirror's Edge:Great game, Story is predictable though.
Gotham City Imposters is free, And frantic, But only fun when it works.
Dungeon Defenders:Weird lag when I play, But fun.

Good:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3:Platinum!:Not as good as 2, But good.
Burnout Paradise:The Ultimate Box:Good, But lag weighs it down.
Scribblenauts Unlimited:Pretty much a do whatever you want game. It was also on a Humble Bundle.
Super Crate Box:Free and awesome.

Hopefully you'll find some good ones that I listed.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#9lazycomplifePosted 1/23/2014 10:12:07 PM
Yeah! Do To The Moon!
---
Official Swinub
#10mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 10:17:49 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
Best:
To The Moon. Engaging story, And the more I played, The more I wanted to play it.

That game does look pretty promising! I'l give it a shot, thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
---