This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

These are the games in my Steam library I've never played. Are any of them good?

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 1/24/2014 4:45:31 AM
Company of Heroes - all of them are amazing. worth it.
Darksiders (or this) - good action-platformer/dungeon crawler. worth it.
Deus Ex: Invisible War - great fps/rpg. worth it
Gish - fun and charming puzzle-platformer. worth it.
Half-Life: Opposing Force - great expansion, even one of the best expansions ever made. very worth it.
Penumbra: Overture - great horror game. one of the best, tho it does have a few rough spots. worth it.
Red Faction: Armageddon (or this!) - decent action game with physics. could live without playing or finishing it, but its ok.
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - realistic multiplayer shooter. not for everyone, but quite good if you like the 1hit kill type of games. semi-worth it.
Sanctum 2 - great tower defense/shooter. worth it (tho best with friends)
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising - Bioshock 2 - Skyrim
#12Shade_bobPosted 1/24/2014 4:52:19 AM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Shade_bob posted...
Now I am just curious to find out what that red Orchestra game is like. Because in my head I have this weird idea of a cool rhythm/action game hybrid set in olden times where you play a bunch of assassins that are also a full Orchestra that just destroy parties red wedding style.

Realistic WW2 multplayer FPS. One to two bullet kills, running makes your gun shake as you try to catch your breath, stuff like that.

Well I guess that makes the subtitle of the game make much more sense. Though now I need to think up a way for Activision to combine the old guitar hero controllers into the next call of Duty game.

As for your last Oh great topic creator, I have only really played dark stalkers and gish. I would recommend dark stalkers above gish on my hierarchy of "to play."
---
Pokemon X FC:
5112-4708-5286 (Frogadier, Quagsire, and Panpour friend safari)
#13DragonRaizenPosted 1/24/2014 5:49:27 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
Company of Heroes - all of them are amazing. worth it.
Darksiders (or this) - good action-platformer/dungeon crawler. worth it.
Deus Ex: Invisible War - great fps/rpg. worth it
Gish - fun and charming puzzle-platformer. worth it.
Half-Life: Opposing Force - great expansion, even one of the best expansions ever made. very worth it.
Penumbra: Overture - great horror game. one of the best, tho it does have a few rough spots. worth it.
Red Faction: Armageddon (or this!) - decent action game with physics. could live without playing or finishing it, but its ok.
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - realistic multiplayer shooter. not for everyone, but quite good if you like the 1hit kill type of games. semi-worth it.
Sanctum 2 - great tower defense/shooter. worth it (tho best with friends)

I'll just like to add that Deus Ex Invisible War is seem as the bastard child of the Deus Ex franchise, a sequel that failed to live up to the classic that is Deus Ex and left fans in wait for a true sequel until Human Revolution.

I've seen some people who will claim if you can get past that, its a decent FPS. But for most, it's completely average.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#14sonic_man00Posted 1/24/2014 2:05:19 PM
Sanctum 2 is great.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#15Psythik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:40:46 PM
Thanks guys. I love Tower Defense so I'll be giving Sanctum 2 a try first.
I used to play a lot of Rise of Nations, is CoH kinda like that?
Played the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution already; I've been avoiding Invisible War because I too heard terrible things about it. Same for Opposing Force.
You all said Aquaria is good, but why?
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#16ClouddxPosted 1/24/2014 3:44:44 PM
Psythik posted...
Thanks guys. I love Tower Defense so I'll be giving Sanctum 2 a try first.
I used to play a lot of Rise of Nations, is CoH kinda like that?
Played the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution already; I've been avoiding Invisible War because I too heard terrible things about it. Same for Opposing Force.
You all said Aquaria is good, but why?

Deus Ex IW isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I enjoyed it more than HR.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#17Custers_RevengePosted 1/24/2014 3:53:37 PM
Darksiders was cool, it's as close as we'll ever get to God Of War on the PC. The sequel is waaaaaay better and more original.
#18Dark_SpiretPosted 1/24/2014 4:12:23 PM
id like to retract my previous statement on Deus Ex IW. didnt notice that it was Invisible War. In which case, ehhhh its not great. its an ok game on its own, but dont expect anything near the original or HR. Its worth a shot, but dont get your hopes up.

Opposing Force is generally highly regarded by most. dunno where you heard it was terrible. Its a great expansion.

CoH isnt anything like RoN. its a fairly straight forward rts that puts focus on squad management, capture points and minor base building. Generally regarded as one of the best rts' (or games) ever made.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising - Bioshock 2 - Skyrim
#19BogePosted 1/24/2014 4:22:17 PM
Company of Heroes is my all time favorite RTS. I really enjoy that game (still) and I don't even like the RTS genre.

Frozen Synapse is quite enjoyable as well.
---
How I see nearly every GameFAQs user: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c
#20Cool_Dude667Posted 1/24/2014 4:30:10 PM
I recommend playing Darksiders and Company of Heroes (the expansions adds both british and panzer elite factions)
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi