This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

tomb raider: definitive edition

#21ShadowThaReaperPosted 1/24/2014 9:35:05 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
So it's okay for DICE, Ubisoft, Activision, etc, to re-release their games on PS4/XB1 a month or two later with no noticeable enhancements, but when Square Enix puts some effort into a product and re-releases it a year later it's wrong?

It's always wrong. Just because you're a desperate, gameless PS4 owner doesn't mean you should be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
#22matu90rkPosted 1/24/2014 9:36:51 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Cade6669 posted...
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is the biggest scam in gaming right now. I don't even care about the whole "it looks better on this and not that" argument. Don't buy it. $60 for a year old game just because the devs made a couple graphical adjustment... No. Don't buy crap because if we stop buying crap then they'll stop making crap.

So it's okay for DICE, Ubisoft, Activision, etc, to re-release their games on PS4/XB1 a month or two later with no noticeable enhancements, but when Square Enix puts some effort into a product and re-releases it a year later it's wrong?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Who even said that it was okay for other companies besides SE?
#23Cade6669Posted 1/24/2014 9:42:19 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Cade6669 posted...
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is the biggest scam in gaming right now. I don't even care about the whole "it looks better on this and not that" argument. Don't buy it. $60 for a year old game just because the devs made a couple graphical adjustment... No. Don't buy crap because if we stop buying crap then they'll stop making crap.

Those games that you are referring to are a cash grab, yes, but I wouldn't consider them re-releases. They are multiplat games, released a month before the new consoles were out. I see a difference but I really don't feel like arguing the differences.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.
#24blax34dmPosted 1/24/2014 9:45:14 AM
If "definitive edition" doesnt scream scam to you, or the video where the dev does nothing but talk about how they improved the Lara model, or if "definitive edition" really doesn't scream scam to you, by all means get it.

They are trying to pretend an 8/10 game is some sort of grand masterpiece so that people will be fooled into spending 60 bucks again, no thanks.
#25ShadowThaReaperPosted 1/24/2014 9:51:30 AM
blax34dm posted...
They are trying to pretend an 8/10 game is some sort of grand masterpiece so that people will be fooled into spending 60 bucks again, no thanks.

Sony dronies are so desperate for games that they'll buy anything.
#26blax34dmPosted 1/24/2014 9:57:01 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
blax34dm posted...

Sony dronies are so desperate for games that they'll buy anything.

I like my ps4 just fine, and I'm not desperate for anything. They're just trying to make some money scamming people with xb1 and ps4 into thinking this will flaunt their brand new systems. Whether or not it does, it's still a scam.
#27Fou LuPosted 1/24/2014 10:42:29 AM
Jaghave posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
if you want the absolute best graphics and best experience buy the PS4 version.

LMAO no and I can't believe console gamers are so gullible and desperate that they cling to any hope that they might have something that looks better than a PC game based only on Developers word of mouth and BS comparisons that are obviously not running the PC version on ultra settings when being used as a comparison.

I believe i just may buy the game take pictures and post it just to finally resolve this issue since there nothing on the internet that seems like a real comparison. Especially since i have the best GPU on the market at the moment and a solid cpu

There is no issue. The PC version will look the best it can, and it costs $10.

The PS4 version will look fine for the PS4, but will cost $60.

The only difference is minute cosmetic differences, so small they don't matter at all, rendering the issue the cost, where the PC version wins.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#28RequiemPosted 1/24/2014 11:06:13 AM
Cade6669 posted...

I wouldn't say that.

It's not something worth repurchasing if you already have the game on other systems. But if you don't have it yet and would like to play the game, it's no different from a company releasing a game on several different platforms.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#29CELTEKKPosted 1/24/2014 11:16:08 AM
I have a computer that can easily run the game at uber settings at 1440p. I haven't played it yet and I have a PS4, so I will be getting it on the PS4. Plus, I have like $250 credit at GameStop after pawning my 360 and all my games. Might as well use it on PS4 games.

Honestly, it may as well be a brand new, freshly released game to me.
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#30ShadowThaReaperPosted 1/24/2014 12:12:36 PM
CELTEKK posted...
I have a computer that can easily run the game at uber settings at 1440p. I haven't played it yet and I have a PS4, so I will be getting it on the PS4. Plus, I have like $250 credit at GameStop after pawning my 360 and all my games. Might as well use it on PS4 games.

Honestly, it may as well be a brand new, freshly released game to me.

Sony dronies, everyone.

Paying $60 for a re-release of a game less than 2 years old.