This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about HDMI PC to TV delay

#11DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:12:05 AM(edited)
It does that strictly when on HDMI from my PC. My consoles uses the exact same TV and setup and the controls are spot on.

I'll try putting it to game mode (if there's one) see if that fixes the problem.
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4:Vega BB:Arakune SG:Parasoul UMvC3:TaskM / Haggar / Trish
#12burn420247Posted 1/24/2014 8:13:18 AM

I'm not saying bad input lag, it's just compared to a (decent)monitor you're always going to notice the input lag on the TV, especially if you set it to clone display and stare at both side by side while moving the mouse or a character in game.

it would be the same then if you compared a "not so decent" monitor VS a "decent" monitor.
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#13ClouddxPosted 1/24/2014 8:16:42 AM(edited)
DartDragoon posted...
It does that strictly when on HDMI from my PC. My consoles uses the exact same TV and setup and the controls are spot on.

I'll try putting it to game mode (if there's one) see if that fixes the problem.

The controls are on-spot because you have nothing to compare it to, and you're using a controller. It's a lot harder to notice input lag when playing on a controller.

Have you tried hooking your console up to your monitor and TV and switching back and forth?

burn420247 posted...

I'm not saying bad input lag, it's just compared to a (decent)monitor you're always going to notice the input lag on the TV, especially if you set it to clone display and stare at both side by side while moving the mouse or a character in game.

it would be the same then if you compared a "not so decent" monitor VS a "decent" monitor.

Right, but we're talking about a TV. TVs usually have more input lag than monitors.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#14DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:16:27 AM(edited)
I'm playing PC games with a controller too though. Lets say I play a platformer and it's on both my monitor and my TV at the same time. Controls are tight on my monitor but there's a very small 0.1 or 0.2 delay on my TV screen

---
#15ClouddxPosted 1/24/2014 8:17:16 AM
DartDragoon posted...
I'm playing PC games with a controller too though. Lets say I play a platformer and it's on both my monitor and my TV at the same time. Controls are tight on my monitor but there's a very small 0.1 or 0.2 delay on my TV screen

Right, it only looks that way because you have something to compare it to. If you never looked at your monitor you'd never notice the controls were lagging.
---
#16DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:18:01 AM
True, but the game would feel sluggish
---
#17burn420247Posted 1/24/2014 8:18:11 AM

care to tell us the TV's brand Name and model #?
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#18ClouddxPosted 1/24/2014 8:22:28 AM
burn420247 posted...

care to tell us the TV's brand Name and model #?

I would like to know as well.

p.s. I love Southland Tales, great movie.
---
#19SnadadosPosted 1/24/2014 8:32:41 AM
Since it seems your console is fine, maybe you could try connecting your PC to the same port your console is connected to.
Also, try connecting your console to your TV using the long HDMI cable and to the port you had your PC connected to.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#20DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 5:46:29 PM(edited)
I can't seem to find ANYTHING in my TV's options for a "Game" mode or for any way to turn off the TV's image pre-processing...I have a 49" LG TV. I don't have more info than that :l
---