This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anywhere to still get Warcraft 2 legitimately?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anywhere to still get Warcraft 2 legitimately?
2 years ago#1
Blizzard doesn't have it on their website anymore, not even under classics, and I can't find it anywhere else so far. I want to experience the campaign one more time. I don't care about multiplayer. I thought my prayers had been answered when I found War2Custom, but that was just for the multiplayer only. Does anyone know where I can find this, and if I will have any issues trying to get it to play on Windows 7 Ultimate?
i7 4770k | Gigabyte GTX 770 | Gigabyte z87 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB | Rosewill 750w |
Samsung 128GB SSD | Seagate 1TB HDD | LG BRD | Logisys Clear Blue Acrylic case
2 years ago#2
eBay. Looks like the going price is around $25.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#4
@gsf4lyfe, you must be the newest "Ancient" here if you don't know the stance the mods tend to take on anything even remotely illegal.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
(message deleted)
2 years ago#6
No, that's an excuse pirates came up with to try and feel better about themselves. Just a load of crap.

And Amazon would say otherwise about that being your "only options."
2 years ago#7
Blizzard probably took it off because it became too annoying to make it work with newer OS.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
2 years ago#8
Hmmm... I'm a little wary of buying them on disc, especially used. What are the chances that they will be in fully playable condition? I was kinda looking for just somewhere to download it. If I don't find anything, though, I'll give amazon and ebay some consideration. Thanks everyone!
i7 4770k | Gigabyte GTX 770 | Gigabyte z87 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB | Rosewill 750w |
Samsung 128GB SSD | Seagate 1TB HDD | LG BRD | Logisys Clear Blue Acrylic case
2 years ago#9
Amazon has some copies - new, sealed - for $60, unless you're looking at the Battle Chest.

Chances are good, if they're being sold, they're in playable condition tho.

You're not going to find any legal place to download it.
2 years ago#10
Blizzard are working on bringing warcraft 1 & 2 to modern PC's.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/10/blizzard-working-on-bringing-warcraft-1-amp-2-to-modern-pcs.aspx
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anywhere to still get Warcraft 2 legitimately?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived