This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a HD monitor

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a HD monitor

User Info: Sparta19

Sparta19
3 years ago#1
First off, I searched and looked through multiple pages of topics on this board about monitors, but there were so much different responses and specs involved so here I am making a new one.

Now straight to the chase,

Goal: Looking for a good HD monitor for both PC and console gaming.
Price Range: $200, willing to go up to $250 if needed.
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Keep in mind that i'm Canadian so prices will vary.

P.S. if anyone from my previous build topics see this, I have successfully assembled it and am quite happy with the result so far, thank you all for your help.
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#2
I'm not a monitor guru, but any 1080p monitor should be fine. You should be spending more than 200 on a 1080p 60hz monitor.
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#3
I beg to disagree. $200 is probably the sweet spot, but you don't have to spend more than that. I just got an ASUS 24" for $180, not on sale either. Best monitor I've used.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#4
VIP86 posted...
I'm not a monitor guru, but any 1080p monitor should be fine. You should be spending more than 200 on a 1080p 60hz monitor.

I think that should read, "You shouldn't be spending more than 200 on a 1080p 60hz monitor."
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#5
Clouddx posted...
VIP86 posted...

I think that should read, "You shouldn't be spending more than 200 on a 1080p 60hz monitor."

Yes, you're right
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#6
Yeah... do you mean 1080p? Because monitors have been "HD" for as long as they've offered higher resolution than old-school TVs.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: MaKhaos

MaKhaos
3 years ago#7
1080p. IPS. Canada. Just a quick list.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#sort=a10&p=1&r=192001080
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]

User Info: MegaSlime

MegaSlime
3 years ago#8
I bought the ASUS 247h-p monitor about a week ago. It's pretty sweet and still on sale on Amazon. Not sure about Canadian Amazon.
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure

User Info: Sparta19

Sparta19
3 years ago#9
Yeah I meant 1080p haha, well I thought it wouldn't be a big of a deal compared to other hardware, but just wanted to make sure. Alright, I think i'll go with an ASUS monitor, thanks guys.
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#10
I have an Asus IPS monitor I paid about $160 for (MSRP $190), US pricing. Really happy with it and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, it's a 24" but the model number eludes me, I'd have to check my amazon order history to give you the exact one I bought.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a HD monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived