This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thief looks decent now

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 1/24/2014 1:20:57 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/thief-the-hardcore-options-of-infiltration
#2pothocketPosted 1/24/2014 1:22:01 PM
Thief has looked decent ever since Gameinformer first has their reveal
#3Worknofun370Posted 1/24/2014 1:23:27 PM
pothocket posted...
Thief has looked decent ever since Gameinformer first has their reveal

This
#4SinisterSlayPosted 1/24/2014 1:39:19 PM
I'm undecided.

If the levels are fairly open for exploration, and there are many non lethal methods of finishing a level, then I think I'll be ok with it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5KillerTrufflePosted 1/24/2014 1:41:21 PM
Has there been any more news on QTEs being used in it? Or on getting more experience/rewards for killing enemies rather than sneaking by undetected and stuff? Initial information on the game made me hugely disappointed and cautious, but my understanding is some of the game design has been changed since then.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#6Majoras_pantsPosted 1/24/2014 1:41:42 PM
The game is probably going to be a decent game. But it will be a disappointing Thief game, most likely.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#7KillerTrufflePosted 1/24/2014 1:45:26 PM
What I want is sticking more to the true roots of the series. Thief is the epitome of the stealth genre, so I hope they don't ruin that.

What I don't want is Deus Ex or Dishonored in a Thief skin. Multiple paths is fine... lethal option is fine (the original games had it too). But don't make it such an action game with such a superhero type fighter that combat is a rewarding option. In the other games, combat was usually a last resort. Thieves don't *want* to be caught, and don't want confrontation. Sneaking past unnoticed, or strategically using KO's, are much better alternatives.
---
#8aak57Posted 1/24/2014 1:47:12 PM
I think anyone expecting a Thief game is going to be disappointed based on the impressions I've read. Hopefully it's at least a decent stealth game though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#9Bellum_SacrumPosted 1/24/2014 1:48:09 PM
No matter what happens, this is going to be better than Deadly Shadows. Hell, in fact this game is practically trying to be an upgraded Deadly Shadows.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#10KillerTrufflePosted 1/24/2014 1:48:17 PM
It's a reboot, so I fully expect some differences. But they need to at least keep the spirit of the genre... Thief is all about stealth.
---