This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bout to put in my graphics card for the first time... Wish me luck

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bout to put in my graphics card for the first time... Wish me luck
2 years ago#21
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot. If it does blow up I recommend calling customer service, make sure they don't put you on hold, they never pick up the phone.
---
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards
2 years ago#22
Hey TC, did you ever get your parts price matched?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
2 years ago#23
Lonestar2000 posted...
Hey TC, did you ever get your parts price matched?

I didn't buy them... Got my parts for Christmas.... I just got the graphics card ordered a week ago though.

Cllerj posted...
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot. If it does blow up I recommend calling customer service, make sure they don't put you on hold, they never pick up the phone.

So they say "Can we put you on hold?" I should be all like "No I need to talk to them now" xD
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
2 years ago#24
Pokenub posted...
Graphics cards/RAM are the easiest things to put in a computer, although the whole process is rather easy now days. It's just like plugging in a keyboard, you just have to open up your computer to do it.
You have to put it in the proper slot too. For example, my MoBo has three identical-looking slot, but one only runs at 8x, and another is only PCIe 2.0. If it weren't for the manual I would've stuck it in the wrong slot.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
2 years ago#25
Make sure you anti-static yourself and you cant go wrong installing a graphics card

It was the second thing i ever did and was easy apart from first time nerves (with that component)

Ram was my first ever upgrade. That scared me and was more fiddly than i thought, what with all the levers and stuff.

But that was decades ago now.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
2 years ago#26
I got it in! Running Deus Ex HR at a cleannnnn 60 FPS
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
2 years ago#27
Cllerj posted...
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot.

That, uh, sounds like a really bad way to approach putting a PC together.
2 years ago#28
...and it's been three days...I guess we all know what happened.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bout to put in my graphics card for the first time... Wish me luck

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived