This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bout to put in my graphics card for the first time... Wish me luck

#21CllerjPosted 1/24/2014 10:10:06 PM
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot. If it does blow up I recommend calling customer service, make sure they don't put you on hold, they never pick up the phone.
---
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards
#22Lonestar2000Posted 1/24/2014 10:41:26 PM(edited)
Hey TC, did you ever get your parts price matched?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#23IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:56:04 PM
Lonestar2000 posted...
Hey TC, did you ever get your parts price matched?

I didn't buy them... Got my parts for Christmas.... I just got the graphics card ordered a week ago though.

Cllerj posted...
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot. If it does blow up I recommend calling customer service, make sure they don't put you on hold, they never pick up the phone.

So they say "Can we put you on hold?" I should be all like "No I need to talk to them now" xD
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#24PsythikPosted 1/24/2014 10:58:53 PM
Pokenub posted...
Graphics cards/RAM are the easiest things to put in a computer, although the whole process is rather easy now days. It's just like plugging in a keyboard, you just have to open up your computer to do it.
You have to put it in the proper slot too. For example, my MoBo has three identical-looking slot, but one only runs at 8x, and another is only PCIe 2.0. If it weren't for the manual I would've stuck it in the wrong slot.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#25ChargrilledPosted 1/24/2014 11:08:13 PM
Make sure you anti-static yourself and you cant go wrong installing a graphics card

It was the second thing i ever did and was easy apart from first time nerves (with that component)

Ram was my first ever upgrade. That scared me and was more fiddly than i thought, what with all the levers and stuff.

But that was decades ago now.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#26IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 11:17:14 PM
I got it in! Running Deus Ex HR at a cleannnnn 60 FPS
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#27AtomicPenguin76Posted 1/24/2014 11:17:38 PM
Cllerj posted...
Putting a PC together is like putting a puzzle together IMO. Find out where things fit if they don't, it's in the wrong spot.

That, uh, sounds like a really bad way to approach putting a PC together.
#28StealthfishWRXPosted 1/27/2014 1:53:43 PM
...and it's been three days...I guess we all know what happened.