This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever tried to use a non mouse device as your daily pointing device?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever tried to use a non mouse device as your daily pointing device?

User Info: CatToy

3 years ago#11
Not as a daily device, but I've used my iPod as a trackpad to control my computer while laying in bed.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.

User Info: superdarkshadow

3 years ago#12
When I was younger, we had a trackball instead of a regular mouse for our computer and I use the touchpad on my laptop a lot because it works well with Windows 8 gestures, but nothing too exotic.
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM

User Info: ForeverZero2

3 years ago#13
i used a xbox 360 controller as a mouse with xpadder for a while
it was ok since the only thing i wanted to do was play emulated games but when you have to do anything else, yeah, it just awful

User Info: Kalammer

3 years ago#14
I've been using various models of Logitech's thumb-operated track balls since 1998. Currently using the M570.

I didn't mind the using the trackpoint stick on a few laptops, it was vastly superior to almost all trackpads. And as far as trackpads go, the only one I didn't mind using was the one on my Unibody MBP.
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop

User Info: animanganime

3 years ago#15
I use my phone to controll XBMC from my couch
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS

User Info: Bikes-

3 years ago#16
I use a controller if I'm just watching something from my bed since the wire is far longer.
FC: 2921-9087-2265

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

3 years ago#17
Anything is fine provided you get used to it. Heck you don't even need such a device if you know how to use your keyboard.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."

User Info: whiteninja2000

3 years ago#18
PS3 controller and xpadder. Not as bad as it sounds when set up correctly. This was for an attempt at an htpc before I just decided to use xbmc instead.

User Info: R_Brock

3 years ago#19
The wife used her Wacom tablet exclusively as a mouse back in the day, on her Mac. I could never get the hang of it outside of photoshop. my perpetually unfinished website.

User Info: Snadados

3 years ago#20
I have a wireless keyboard with a touch pad on it I use when I'm on the couch watching videos.
It is a real pain in the ass trying to do much else with it compared to my mouse.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever tried to use a non mouse device as your daily pointing device?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived