This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed 4 just as good or better than AC2? Also is there a GOTY for

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Assassin's Creed 4 just as good or better than AC2? Also is there a GOTY for
2 years ago#11
AC4 is substantially better, but good god AC2 is more repetitive and dull than 1 by tenfold.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
2 years ago#12
but good god AC2 is more repetitive and dull than 1 by tenfold.

I agree, things that were optional in 1 are forced in 2.

Loved them both but no idea why 1 gets so much hate for things that 2 did worse.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#13
AC4 has a lot of boring tailing mission both on land and ship. Other than that; it's a solid game.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRqKYXcL-2U
2 years ago#14
Killah Priest posted...
but good god AC2 is more repetitive and dull than 1 by tenfold.

I agree, things that were optional in 1 are forced in 2.

Loved them both but no idea why 1 gets so much hate for things that 2 did worse.

I just love that AC1 actually feels like you're an assassin. It's practically medieval Hitman. AC2 actually has bossfights, with no possible stealth option. That's just wrong. Deus Ex: Human Revolution got criticized for having boss fights that didn't have options, but at least open combat was a potential focus in the game before, in AC2 you're suddenly doing something completely different from how the rest of the game typically works. Especially since you can't rely on counters for the bosses.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
2 years ago#15
Lvthn posted...
AC4 is worth playing even if you dislike AC games. It was one of my biggest surprises of 2013, absolutely a worthy game that deserves the hype.
How so? Because AC3 was terrible.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
2 years ago#16
Black Flag is simply awesome
---
i7 2600k @ 5ghz/ GTX 780 /Asrock z77 Extreme4 /16gb DDR3-1600 / Sandisk Extreme 240gb ssd /4tb hdd/BenQ XL2420T 24in 120hz /Noctua Nh d14/ all major consoles
2 years ago#17
Whoa...... I am shocked. I think I should check this out for myself now. I've always had a love / hate relationship with AC. Loved, II, hated the yearly milkage.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
2 years ago#18
Psythik posted...
Lvthn posted...
AC4 is worth playing even if you dislike AC games. It was one of my biggest surprises of 2013, absolutely a worthy game that deserves the hype.
How so? Because AC3 was terrible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/1vrude/so_what_really_happened_with_assassins_creed_3/

Top comment.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
2 years ago#19
Around Sequence 9 on 3 but never get to finish it. I got an unopened special edition of blackflag for the PS3 here just sitting. I reckon I should probably give it a shot if its worth it. I only genuinely enjoyed 2 but for some reason my passion died at the beginning of brotherhood. Any extra things that are worth doing other than the story?
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Assassin's Creed 4 just as good or better than AC2? Also is there a GOTY for

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived