This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motherboard install help

#1itachi00Posted 1/26/2014 10:56:45 AM
I just screwed the board using the wrong screw . Everytime i try to get it out it wont come off and makes a clicking sound when doing it. Am i done for? Will i need to buy another board
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
#2LordSeiferPosted 1/26/2014 11:15:10 AM
so your problem is just the screw is stuck?

well, get the screw out. not really motherboard specific
---
^ this
#3VIP86Posted 1/26/2014 12:10:40 PM
I think the clicking sound comes from not screwing it in correctly. Did you kinda do it at an angle? As long as you don't damage the PCB, you should be fine.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#4phantasyPosted 1/26/2014 12:26:27 PM
lol I had that problem yesterday while upgrading my board. I had screw in my new board and thought the i/o shield wasn't lining up so I try to unscrew the board. One of the screws were making a clicking noise. All said and done, what was making that clicking noise, was that the screw got stuck into the standoff. So when you are trying to unscrew it, the standoff would spin with it making that noise.

What I did was gently lift up the board while unscrewing the screw. That way, it will remove the standoff with the screw in it. Then take pliers on the standoff to hold it and unscrew the screw that way.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#5itachi00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 4:55:12 PM
When i unscrew it it makes a clicking sound and doesnt unscrew i keep turning and turning and nothing happens only clicking sound is produced note that the screw is also turning.
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
#6SnadadosPosted 1/26/2014 5:02:31 PM
You used the brass spacers between the motherboard and the case, correct?
I bet the brass spacer on the back is spinning.
If you can, try holding the brass spacer in place while unscrewing the top screw.
If that isn't an option, try firmly pushing down on the motherboard near where the screw is and try unscrewing the top screw that you're having trouble with.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#7macmahon187Posted 1/26/2014 9:25:59 PM
Snadados posted...
You used the brass spacers between the motherboard and the case, correct?
I bet the brass spacer on the back is spinning.
If you can, try holding the brass spacer in place while unscrewing the top screw.
If that isn't an option, try firmly pushing down on the motherboard near where the screw is and try unscrewing the top screw that you're having trouble with.

This
---
Posted using GameFlux