This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you played Shadowrun Returns and/or The Banner Saga?

#11Justice98405Posted 1/26/2014 2:41:24 PM
Shadowrun Returns is really cool, I still need to finish up the main campaign.

The game might not have as much depth as many people wanted (myself included), but what is there is done pretty dang well, and it's still a REALLY fun and good game. The descriptions and dialogue are stand out elements as well.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#12L0rdCrumpPosted 1/26/2014 9:18:28 PM
Banner Saga is good, I beat it twice already.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#13SienrurouniPosted 1/27/2014 10:22:59 PM(edited)
pothocket posted...
Sienrurouni posted...
Shadowrun Returns was fantastic. The gameplay was great, the story was enjoyable, I love having ridiculous charisma, and I'd definitely recommend it.

pothocket posted...
My reply to another topic asking how TBS was:

I'm very disappointed in the gameplay mechanics of Banner saga. Mainly that units do not threaten adjacent spaces. This means units can move around and away from hostile units with no penalty. Really stupid decision for a turn based game meant to detail how a fight plays out.

How is this different from every other srpg?

Not sure if serious...

Maybe you should play something else besides Fire Emblem. Most of the tactical combat games I've played involve some sort of mechanics to represent how stupid it is to turn your back on an opponent or to ignore them and try to run right past em. Hell, even Xcom (which features ranged weapons) has overwatch.

Overwatch really isn't the same thing at all in my opinion. I can't think of a single one where just approaching an enemy will harm you. Sure Fire Emblem is my favorite series, but I've also played Operation Darkness, Shining Force, Disgaea, La Pucelle, XCOM, Front Mission, Grotesque Tactics, Zoids Assault, Onimusha Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics, Pokemon Conquest, and plenty others, and I can't think of a one like that.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#14Cool_Dude667Posted 1/27/2014 10:23:58 PM
Shadowrun Returns is still in my backlog, but from what ive heard its a good but short game.

Has there been any good community made campaigns yet>
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#15-5xad0w-Posted 1/27/2014 10:27:35 PM
Sienrurouni posted...
pothocket posted...
Sienrurouni posted...
Shadowrun Returns was fantastic. The gameplay was great, the story was enjoyable, I love having ridiculous charisma, and I'd definitely recommend it.

pothocket posted...
My reply to another topic asking how TBS was:

I'm very disappointed in the gameplay mechanics of Banner saga. Mainly that units do not threaten adjacent spaces. This means units can move around and away from hostile units with no penalty. Really stupid decision for a turn based game meant to detail how a fight plays out.

How is this different from every other srpg?

Not sure if serious...

Maybe you should play something else besides Fire Emblem. Most of the tactical combat games I've played involve some sort of mechanics to represent how stupid it is to turn your back on an opponent or to ignore them and try to run right past em. Hell, even Xcom (which features ranged weapons) has overwatch.

Overwatch really isn't the same thing at all in my opinion. I can't think of a single one where just approaching an enemy will harm you. Sure Fire Emblem is my favorite series, but I've also played Operation Darkness, Shining Force, Disgaea, La Pucelle, XCOM, Front Mission, Grotesque Tactics, Zoids Assault, Onimusha Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics, Pokemon Conquest, and plenty others, and I can't think of a one like that.

I don't think that's what he meant. I believe he was referring to not being able to move past an enemy if you come within once space of them, even if you would otherwise have the movement points to do so.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven