This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 100 Games of All Time, According to GameFAQs: Voting!

#1DetroitDJ(Moderator)Posted 1/26/2014 1:00:23 PM
The Short Version
To cut to the chase, this is one of dozens of voting topics for my Top 100 Games of All Time, According to GameFAQs project. To vote, choose your five top games of all time. Then, copy/paste the form below, replacing the game names there with your selections. Post exactly that in this topic, and your vote will be counted!

The Long Version
Hey! Welcome to the voting topic for the Top 100 Games of All Time, According to GameFAQs. This is one of several identical topics across dozens of boards on GameFAQs. The ultimate goal of this project is to compile a list of the top 100 games of all time, as voted by a large sample of GameFAQs users. At the conclusion of the voting, I'll write a series of ten Top 10 lists to report the results, as well as some interesting statistics about which boards went for which games, which generations or consoles were dominant, etc.

Updates
To make this more interesting, I'll be posting daily updates about the status of the voting, including the total votes cast, the day's biggest movers, and the boards casting the most votes. You can find those here: http://www.ddjgames.com/category/gamefaqs-top-100/

How to Vote
This is very important: in order to vote in this poll series, you must use this exact format. Votes will be counted by a program I've written, and so if your vote is not cast in the right format, it might not be counted.

To vote, choose up to five of your top games of all time, whatever "top" means to you. Then, write each vote on its own line, starting with the word "Vote", followed by a colon and a space. Do not put any text after the game name. Do not put any HTML in your vote. Do not enclose your vote in spoiler or quote tags. Put each vote on its own line. You can have other text in your post if you want as long as the votes appear on their own lines.

For example, this entire post would be a valid vote, so long as it contains the following five lines:
Vote: Faceball
Vote: Fantasy Star Soldier
Vote: Fiend Hunter
Vote: Fighting Street
Vote: Flash Hiders

You may vote for up to 5 games. If you want to be safe, just copy those five lines and replace the game names with your choices. Post that in this topic to cast your vote. That's all you have to do! Voting will be open until Saturday, February 8th at 11:59PM Eastern.

Notes
- To make things easier on me, please use the official name exactly as listed in the GameFAQs database. To be safe, copy/paste it from there. I'll do my best to process all the different aliases under which a game receives votes, but I can't promise your vote will be counted correctly if it's not the official name. The only exceptions are the well-known cases where a game is almost entirely recognized by a different name than listed on GameFAQs. If you're not sure what to call a game you want to vote for, PM me and I'll tell you.

- Only vote with one account. I'll be checking usermaps to make sure no one is using multiple accounts to cast more than five votes, but I won't be able to tell if the different accounts on a usermap are casting fewer than five votes total.

- If you'd like to change your vote that's fine -- just delete your original post. All votes are counted from scratch each night.

- If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I won't be able to check all the voting topics regularly, so anything needing a response should be PMed to me.

Important! Because this board has topicality please only vote for PC games in this thread. If you'd like to vote for other games you may find a voting topic on another board or vote on the Faceball board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/571613-/68419566
---
www.DDJGames.com | Latest: GameFAQs Top 100
twitter.com/ddjgames | www.GamingSymmetry.com
#2Epic-GamerPosted 1/26/2014 1:06:52 PM
Best? Can't name all of them, But...

To The Moon
---
I don't play Kingdom Hearts for story, i play Kingdom Hearts to beat people with an enlarged key.
#3SpazH3dPosted 1/26/2014 3:43:24 PM
Mystical powers are telling me to bump this thread.
---
- My vision is augmented
#4snae99Posted 1/26/2014 3:48:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5pwnater777Posted 1/26/2014 3:50:17 PM
Vote: Metal Gear Solid 3
Vote: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Vote: DOOM
Vote: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Vote: Fallout 3
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6Ch3wyPosted 1/26/2014 3:54:30 PM
Vote: Midtown Madness
Vote: Half-Life 2
Vote: Half-Life
Vote: Euro Truck Simulator 2
Vote: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7StormKMDPosted 1/26/2014 4:02:28 PM
VOTE: Counter-Strike Global Offensive
VOTE: Xcom: Enemy Unknown
VOTE: Garry's Mod
VOTE: The Walking Dead Game(s)
VOTE: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#8Blobs_Posted 1/26/2014 4:03:03 PM
Vote: Big Rigs Over the Road Racing

that is all
---
is haha
#9CELTEKKPosted 1/26/2014 4:09:03 PM
Vote: Diablo 2
Vote: Starcraft
Vote: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Vote: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Vote: Half-Life 2