This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommendations for a new keyboard.

#11Love_Me_SexyPosted 1/29/2014 12:56:55 PM
tiger8191 posted...
^
Those are mechanical derp

Yup. And the TC said he doesn't/does prefer mechanical. Since he can't make up his mind, I will recommend what I like.
---
Intel 4930k || Asus X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || Kingston HyperX 16GB RAM + 240GB SSD || Thermaltake 1200w PSU
PC Wishlist: 27" GSync, KB
#12Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 8:54:12 PM(edited)
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
tiger8191 posted...
^
Those are mechanical derp

Yup. And the TC said he doesn't/does prefer mechanical. Since he can't make up his mind, I will recommend what I like.

I didn't say that. I said I liked (since I just sold it) my K90 which was mechanical, but my wife didn't like the sound all the time. It's not a matter of making up my mind in regards to preference to mechanical, it's a matter of asking for a much quieter keyboard, so the "prefer - not mechanical" was in regards to recommendations since I figured it would just annoy her as well. If there was a quiet mechanical similar to a K90 with the Cherry Reds, I'd take it.

I recall the bands you can put under all the keys to not bottom out, but I'd also prefer not to deal with that if there were alternatives.

---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#13PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2014 9:26:29 PM
Any piece of crap membrane / rubber dome keyboard should keep your wife's trap shut. But you should really pull your balls out of her purse and choose what YOU like.

If she's complaining about the sound of Cherry MX Red switches when you don't even bottom out she's out of line, because they make NO sound whatsoever unless you bottom out. Blacks are the same way, and that's what I prefer.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#14Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 9:47:00 PM
Honestly, they were pretty annoying even when I wasn't bottoming out, and when I did bottom out while trying to react quickly in a game or such, I can completely understand. It's a consideration thing, when someone on the phone with her is like, "What is that clinking noise?" if she was 10+ ft away from me, and she has a Moto X so it's not like it's a terrible old phone with no noise cancellation, it is a problem.

And the real reason I finally decided to sell it is because when playing some games, I noticed it originally would "stick" to repeating a key even when the actual key wasn't pressed down still or anything. Equal to typing "a" and having "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" after a sec of not even pressing it and needing to press it again or another key for it to stop. It may have been a faulty one, but I'd had it for going on 2 years and I infrequently noticed it before and didn't really care too much, and finally figured...ok, if me mashing is annoying and it does this more now, I'll look into other options.

THEN I posted it for the same price I bought it for, and it sold. So that's when I was like, "Hmm, I'll make this topic."
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!