This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one of these numbers is my processor's serial number?

#1RichardAdelmanPosted 1/27/2014 11:59:32 AM
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1097535845/-font-b-Intel-b-font-font-b-Core-b-font-i5-Mobile-font-b-i5.jpg

That is what my processor looks like. I need the serial number but I'm not sure which one it is...I'm assuming the bottom #?
#2ShubPosted 1/27/2014 12:07:04 PM
Sometimes on Intel CPUs the serial number is actually a concatenation of multiple values shown in your picture, but this looks like a mobile CPU and I have no idea how to obtain the serial number on that. Intel has instructions on their website for desktop CPUs.
Who's asking for your CPU's serial number and why? If they need it, perhaps they can tell you how to figure it out from your picture.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3RichardAdelman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 12:10:56 PM
Yeah, it's an i5 2450m. I took it out of an old laptop and sold it on ebay. The guy that bought it asked me to include the serial number with it. I'll probably just send it off and let him figure it out himself, I don't see why he can't just read it off when he gets it.
#4Orestes417Posted 1/27/2014 12:18:01 PM
If he knows enough to ask for the serial number perhaps you could ask him where it's located.
---
Angel's wings won't you carry me home?
#5RichardAdelman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 1:56:44 PM
Well, he wants me to write the serial number and put it in with the package. By the time he saw what I wrote, the serial number would be sitting right there.