This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone help me fix Deadly Premonition?

#1megadeth1117Posted 1/27/2014 5:59:40 PM
I rarely play games on my PC, and as a result, I know absolutely nothing about modding. When I start up DP in full-screen mode, the screen is shifted to the left of my monitor.

I downloaded the Durante fix and followed the instructions in the read-me, dragged and dropped what I needed to, but the game would crash when I try to start it up.

What am I doing wrong exactly?
#2electroflamePosted 1/27/2014 6:45:54 PM
Go here, there's some suggestions in the thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706035

If you still can't get it working, I'll try to help you troubleshoot.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#3megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 6:49:21 PM
electroflame posted...
Go here, there's some suggestions in the thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706035

If you still can't get it working, I'll try to help you troubleshoot.

Thanks a bunch for the info, I'll give it a shot.
#4electroflamePosted 1/27/2014 6:51:22 PM
No problem. Don't be afraid to ask questions, either.

The port has it's fair share of problems, and what works for someone may not work for you. Once it's running, though, you shouldn't have too many problems.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
#5megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 7:58:58 PM
Well that got the game to work, but now the sound is stuttering and it's running at a much lower frame-rate then before. Think I'll just grab the PS3 version, because this is too frustrating.

Thanks for your help though.
#6electroflamePosted 1/28/2014 10:17:31 PM
Well that got the game to work, but now the sound is stuttering and it's running at a much lower frame-rate then before.

Sound stuttering is a codec issue, so you just need to update your audio codecs. There's a post on NeoGAF or the game's Steam forums for that.

Lower frame-rate should be fixable if you reboot the computer.
---
#7megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 7:36:52 AM
electroflame posted...
Well that got the game to work, but now the sound is stuttering and it's running at a much lower frame-rate then before.

Sound stuttering is a codec issue, so you just need to update your audio codecs. There's a post on NeoGAF or the game's Steam forums for that.

Lower frame-rate should be fixable if you reboot the computer.

Well to be clear the sound is stuttering as a result of the frame-rate issues.

Tried the reboot, but still nothing.
#8electroflamePosted 1/29/2014 11:16:20 AM

What's your OS, and what version of DPFix are you using?

Also, what compatibility mode do you have the game set to?
---
#9megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 7:32:24 PM
electroflame posted...

What's your OS, and what version of DPFix are you using?

Also, what compatibility mode do you have the game set to?

Windows 8, using the latest version on Durante's site. I've got the game and launcher set to Windows 98 compatibility mode.
#10electroflamePosted 1/29/2014 10:42:49 PM(edited)
Windows 8, using the latest version on Durante's site. I've got the game and launcher set to Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Windows 8 causes issues with this game and DPFix. Try DPFix 9.1, since some W8 users have had better luck with that.

EDIT: Alternatively, try setting compatibility to XP Service pack 3, since that's what mine is set to and I haven't had any issues with it.
---