This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone help me fix Deadly Premonition?

#11megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 11:00:55 AM
electroflame posted...
Windows 8, using the latest version on Durante's site. I've got the game and launcher set to Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Windows 8 causes issues with this game and DPFix. Try DPFix 9.1, since some W8 users have had better luck with that.

EDIT: Alternatively, try setting compatibility to XP Service pack 3, since that's what mine is set to and I haven't had any issues with it.

I'll give it a shot, thanks again.
#12singhellotakuPosted 1/30/2014 11:07:21 PM
megadeth1117 posted...
Well that got the game to work, but now the sound is stuttering and it's running at a much lower frame-rate then before. Think I'll just grab the PS3 version, because this is too frustrating.

Thanks for your help though.

probably the best way to do it, the game is barely functional in the first place, the variable nature of pc is practically a death sentence.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#13megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 9:58:27 PM
electroflame posted...
Windows 8, using the latest version on Durante's site. I've got the game and launcher set to Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Windows 8 causes issues with this game and DPFix. Try DPFix 9.1, since some W8 users have had better luck with that.

EDIT: Alternatively, try setting compatibility to XP Service pack 3, since that's what mine is set to and I haven't had any issues with it.

Well, tried that and it only booted up to a black screen, which then froze my computer. Guess I'll just play this one without the patch then.

singhellotaku posted...
megadeth1117 posted...
Well that got the game to work, but now the sound is stuttering and it's running at a much lower frame-rate then before. Think I'll just grab the PS3 version, because this is too frustrating.

Thanks for your help though.

probably the best way to do it, the game is barely functional in the first place, the variable nature of pc is practically a death sentence.

Well it technically works without the patch, but the screen is off center, shifted to the left. Seems I'll have to deal with it though.