This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4.5GB of RAM being used on idle....

#31Ch3wyPosted 1/28/2014 5:47:18 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
If your task manger isn't showing all processes than you probably have a virus and you should format your hard drive.

I don't use that much RAM and I've got 16 gigs total. Something's wrong.

I don't have a virus. If I did then it would show up on something right?

It's showing up through your computer not displaying every process.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#32Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 5:50:47 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
If your task manger isn't showing all processes than you probably have a virus and you should format your hard drive.

No.... Task Manager is just gay kuke that. Process Explorer shows everything though. Goodbye using Task Manager. I don't care for it at all anymore.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#33Ch3wyPosted 1/28/2014 5:51:58 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

No.... Task Manager is just gay kuke that. Process Explorer shows everything though. Goodbye using Task Manager. I don't care for it at all anymore.

That's seriously not normal behavior for Task Manager.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#34Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 6:00:32 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

That's seriously not normal behavior for Task Manager.

I wonder. Whats the best virus program you can think of? I'll use it to scan my system and show you the results. I know it won't show anything. If it does i'll be shocked but yeah...
---
#35Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 6:07:17 AM
Its also not a big deal anyways either now that I have the other program. The "virus" does nothing else but that anyways. No performance hindrance or anything at all. So I really dont care if I do really have a so called virus on my system that is doing that. I could careless now but will scan my system still just for the helleva of it. It would have to be till tonight though when I go to bed. I dont want to wait around a few hours till it gets done.
---
#36New LinkPosted 1/28/2014 7:17:31 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Its also not a big deal anyways either now that I have the other program. The "virus" does nothing else but that anyways. No performance hindrance or anything at all. So I really dont care if I do really have a so called virus on my system that is doing that. I could careless now but will scan my system still just for the helleva of it. It would have to be till tonight though when I go to bed. I dont want to wait around a few hours till it gets done.

Ok.. first off, Virus "Scanners" don't do heuristic scans, and those that do aren't even close to decent at it. I have written viruses specifically to test against this. Those which are marketed at doing a heuristic scan are still only checking against a dictionary of known exploits. Most "Virus scanners" just look for a matching signature to a known exploit. Wanna get past the virus scanner? Add a line of code and recompile.

Secondly, you should study this graph:
http://xkcd.com/1180/
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#37ThescyyPosted 1/28/2014 8:23:34 AM
New Link posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Ok.. first off, Virus "Scanners" don't do heuristic scans, and those that do aren't even close to decent at it. I have written viruses specifically to test against this. Those which are marketed at doing a heuristic scan are still only checking against a dictionary of known exploits. Most "Virus scanners" just look for a matching signature to a known exploit. Wanna get past the virus scanner? Add a line of code and recompile.

Lol, that graph is spot on. It's amazing the amount of people who see a sluggish computer and assume it's viruses.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 2133mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB | 12TB HDD | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#38Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 8:36:28 AM
Thescyy posted...
New Link posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Lol, that graph is spot on. It's amazing the amount of people who see a sluggish computer and assume it's viruses.

??????? That doesn't apply to me. As my System is NOT running slow. Also you read my previous posts. I said "virus" in quotes meaning unlikely that there is one on my system. So yeah....
---
#39Ch3wyPosted 1/28/2014 8:43:05 AM
Regardless of what it is, Fade needs to format his computer. It's out of control.
---
#40Killah PriestPosted 1/28/2014 8:46:56 AM
I'm trying to understand this topic

so because you have poor computer management skills we all need more ram?
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.