This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gettin my laptop fixed(a question)

#1Marshall_LawPosted 1/28/2014 2:39:57 AM
I'm gettin it fixed next month and I was wondering how much longer my HD 6990M (crossfire) will be useful
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#2datopgamerPosted 1/28/2014 4:54:25 AM
Should last a few more years unless you want to max everything out. I had a laptop with a gtx360m for about 4 years before it got to the point where I couldn't game on it (medium settings). With yours it will be a while longer.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#3Hi CPosted 1/28/2014 7:41:29 AM(edited)
datopgamer posted...
Should last a few more years unless you want to max everything out. I had a laptop with a gtx360m for about 4 years before it got to the point where I couldn't game on it (medium settings). With yours it will be a while longer.

Technology was moving different back then. A high end card today will last longer than a high end card did when 360 and PS3 came out. The new consoles aren't anywhere near the tech jump that the last ones were.
---
You'll be my John G.
#4Marshall_Law(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 8:35:21 AM
Well my laptop gpu is not too hard to upgrade but I'm glad to hear it's still pretty good. I got the laptop at the end of 11 and the HDD died right before the AMD 6999s dropped so I didn't know if they made mine obsolete
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69