This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could be so kind, graphics card recommendation

#1RoboT_RipperPosted 1/28/2014 9:45:26 AM
So I'm going to build a gaming capable PC for ~$800. I will most likely go with an i5 processor. Maybe i7 but I doubt that will happen with my budget.

I already own a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I will need to purchase Windows 8.

I can figure out the SSD, 1tb HDD, case, psu, mobo on my own, but I really don't know where to start with the graphics card.

I'll be playing Skyrim, Battlefield 4, and Starcraft 2 to start. Maybe the new Assassin's Creed. I really want better than console graphics, really best as possible for my budget.

What would you recommend? Or is my budget too low for what I'm looking for?

Thanks.
---
-Robo DudeBro-
#2Jprime666Posted 1/28/2014 9:54:11 AM
Get an i5 4670k and a gtx 770

Might run you over $800, but its worth it
---
Zvarri!
#3Fear The ClownPosted 1/28/2014 9:55:25 AM
For your budget I recommend going with an i5 and a gtx 760. You should be able to get the 2 around 400-450 on newegg. Also a couple of things you can do to stay in your budget, when I built mine I was able to buy a case/500W PSU combo for $60(I recommend you get atleast a 600W, I swapped the 500W out for a 600W I had in the PC I was replacing but you should be able to find a 600W/case combo), it was a really nice Rosewill case too.

Another thing you can also do is not buy a DVD drive if you don't really need one right now, that could save you 20-30$.

Make sure you check out Newegg's weekly deals too, I was just able to buy a new 120GB SSD for $70 on a 48hour deal they had. I highly recommend the motherboard in my sig too, it is comparable in build quality to boards that are closer to the $200 range but it costs $120 right now.

Oh and if you don't care about overclocking you can knock some dollars off the price of your processor, just in case you don't know the k in the processor name means it is overclock capable and I believe they are about $50 more expensive than the nonoverclockable ones. I recommend getting a k so you can overclock but its not everybody's cup of tea.
---
i7-4770k@4.2GHZ | L337 GAMING Z87H3-A3X | GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3