This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could be so kind, graphics card recommendation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you could be so kind, graphics card recommendation

User Info: RoboT_Ripper

RoboT_Ripper
2 years ago#1
So I'm going to build a gaming capable PC for ~$800. I will most likely go with an i5 processor. Maybe i7 but I doubt that will happen with my budget.

I already own a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I will need to purchase Windows 8.

I can figure out the SSD, 1tb HDD, case, psu, mobo on my own, but I really don't know where to start with the graphics card.

I'll be playing Skyrim, Battlefield 4, and Starcraft 2 to start. Maybe the new Assassin's Creed. I really want better than console graphics, really best as possible for my budget.

What would you recommend? Or is my budget too low for what I'm looking for?

Thanks.
-Robo DudeBro-

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
2 years ago#2
Get an i5 4670k and a gtx 770

Might run you over $800, but its worth it
Zvarri!

User Info: Fear The Clown

Fear The Clown
2 years ago#3
For your budget I recommend going with an i5 and a gtx 760. You should be able to get the 2 around 400-450 on newegg. Also a couple of things you can do to stay in your budget, when I built mine I was able to buy a case/500W PSU combo for $60(I recommend you get atleast a 600W, I swapped the 500W out for a 600W I had in the PC I was replacing but you should be able to find a 600W/case combo), it was a really nice Rosewill case too.

Another thing you can also do is not buy a DVD drive if you don't really need one right now, that could save you 20-30$.

Make sure you check out Newegg's weekly deals too, I was just able to buy a new 120GB SSD for $70 on a 48hour deal they had. I highly recommend the motherboard in my sig too, it is comparable in build quality to boards that are closer to the $200 range but it costs $120 right now.

Oh and if you don't care about overclocking you can knock some dollars off the price of your processor, just in case you don't know the k in the processor name means it is overclock capable and I believe they are about $50 more expensive than the nonoverclockable ones. I recommend getting a k so you can overclock but its not everybody's cup of tea.
i7-4770k@4.2GHZ | L337 GAMING Z87H3-A3X | GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you could be so kind, graphics card recommendation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived