This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay, I've got Dark Souls installed...

#61DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/29/2014 5:19:58 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Killah Priest posted...
Point is: you can play racing games just fine without pressure sensitive triggers/sticks/buttons.

Not sims. Not even user friendly sims like Forza with certain cars.

Try driving a high horsepower car in Forza with TCS off. Also turn ABS off. Make sure you go all or nothing. Tell me how far you get.

And Marcelo, it's not a matter of opinion when it comes to racing sims. It's a matter of full throttle making your car spin out if you apply it immediately.

TBH, even Grid, and people love to point out how that's a "totally arcade racer" and "not at all anything remotely sim-like in any way".

With some assists on, though, all or nothing throttle/break isn't hard. But, without any precision in your steering, you're only holding yourself back. Like playing Half Life with just a keyboard.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#62LOLIAmAnAltPosted 2/4/2014 4:14:58 AM
Trackmania is awful with a controller or wheel

Just awful
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#63SlaynPosted 2/4/2014 4:45:46 AM
Bet you didn't expect your topic to go like this...
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#64HydroCannabinolPosted 2/4/2014 9:21:55 AM
Killah Priest posted...
No, I'm talking forza and gran turismo.

Then you are bad. Period.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#65crawdadPosted 2/4/2014 9:36:05 AM
Clouddx posted...
DSfix makes the game look absolutely gorgeous.

Hmmm, I must've done it wrong then. the graphics don;t look that great to me and I apparently have it installed.
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#66calcyclePosted 2/4/2014 9:55:50 AM
Ch3wy posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Ch3wy posted...
And Marcelo, it's not a matter of opinion when it comes to racing sims. It's a matter of full throttle making your car spin out if you apply it immediately.

Yeah, looking at your sig, I see that its pointless to discuss with people like you.

So, the only thing I can say now is that Milkyway is better.

You're being intentionally ignorant here aren't you? If a professional racer decided to only drive by flooring it or slamming on the brakes and nothing in between, they would probably die. Or just keep doing donuts depending on their car.

Play the rFactor2 demo with KB+M. I want to see how far you get.

Yeah, going full speed immediately from rest will most of the time cause you to just spin out and not go anywhere, especially if you're on something like gravel. Keyboards force you to do this and as such aren't as good for driving in any serious racing game.

Don't ignore his comment just because he has a history for being a joker.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#67LOLIAmAnAltPosted 2/4/2014 1:58:27 PM
Ch3wy posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Yeah, looking at your sig, I see that its pointless to discuss with people like you.

So, the only thing I can say now is that Milkyway is better.

You're being intentionally ignorant here aren't you? If a professional racer decided to only drive by flooring it or slamming on the brakes and nothing in between, they would probably die. Or just keep doing donuts depending on their car.

Play the rFactor2 demo with KB+M. I want to see how far you get.

To be fair, in rFactor, you can set up assists so high that all you need to do is press the gas.
<_<
---