This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best early access games on steam?

#21DoomkillaPosted 1/29/2014 6:57:03 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
Starbound is pretty good but it's definitely still beta. There's 10 tiers of gear but 6-10 took me less time than 1(starting stuff)-2 did my first time. I think they're planning on adding bosses for the 6-10 stuff like they did with the 2-5 upgrades though. I'm hoping that's the case because tiers 6-9 may as well not exist for as much use as you'll get out of the gear, it's more efficient to just avoid enemies and mine materials to progress instead of inching your way up the ladder.

It also needs ship upgrades but those sprites are already in the game so it's definitely planned.

Yes and which is why it's called early access. They're all in beta in one form or another.
---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#22Bigj089Posted 1/30/2014 12:28:46 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Bigj089 posted...
I'd say Starbound or Grim Dawn from my experience.

Very interested in Grim Dawn. It looks as dark as path of exile but offline. me gusta!

Any word on how are the loots and replayability? whether they have things like endless dungeons or tons of loot?

I don't know about endless dungeons but there is a lot of loot. I've only played the first act of the game, they apparently released part of act 2 but I'm holding off on playing more. As for replayability, I can see myself playing through several times. The class system works like Titan Quest. If you haven't played that it basically asks you to pick one class on your first level up, then later on you can pick a second class. Each class has their own skill tree to put points into each level up. You can use the points however you wish, you don't even have to take a second class if you don't want to.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#23TowerBooks3192Posted 1/30/2014 3:28:03 AM
Bigj089 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Bigj089 posted...
I'd say Starbound or Grim Dawn from my experience.

Very interested in Grim Dawn. It looks as dark as path of exile but offline. me gusta!

Any word on how are the loots and replayability? whether they have things like endless dungeons or tons of loot?

I don't know about endless dungeons but there is a lot of loot. I've only played the first act of the game, they apparently released part of act 2 but I'm holding off on playing more. As for replayability, I can see myself playing through several times. The class system works like Titan Quest. If you haven't played that it basically asks you to pick one class on your first level up, then later on you can pick a second class. Each class has their own skill tree to put points into each level up. You can use the points however you wish, you don't even have to take a second class if you don't want to.

Cheers! I wouldn't mind if it has tons of loot and difficulty levels or something like Diablo 2 where you could hunt for stuff like runewords. Will be keeping an eye on the game. The devs seem to be serious and passionate about grim dawn. I really need my fill of offline ARPG that is dark and van helsing feels pretty meh IMHO. Torchlight 2 nails the other aspects of it as they are experienced with the genre but they haven't released updates since and the game is not as dark as I want it to
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower