This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game...

#1pozertronPosted 1/28/2014 11:18:49 PM
I'm looking for an RPG that will have the following traits

1) An old game *something like a game made around TES Arena up to TES Morrowind* i just love the oldschool pixelated worlds.
2) 1st person
3) Has free roam *something like Might and Magic 6~8/Ultima Underworld* WARNING : Do not mistake for the kind of free roam that you get in Might and Magic 1~4, which means Wizardry/Etrian Odyssey/Legend of Grimrock/Eye of Beholder types are out of the question.

4) Gameplay > Story *i could care less about the story as long as the gameplay is addicting*

5) Popularity is not a factor * i will play any underwhelming/underplayed/underrated game that you would throw at me as long as the requirements are met.

If it's impossible to find a game like that well.... at least i tried asking.

Thank you all in advance!
---
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.
#2MaKhaosPosted 1/28/2014 11:20:16 PM
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Deus Ex
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#3sonic_man00Posted 1/28/2014 11:26:26 PM
I can't name specifics, But To The Moon is a 16-Bit styled RPG with the best story ever.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#4pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 11:34:31 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
I can't name specifics, But To The Moon is a 16-Bit styled RPG with the best story ever.

But it contradicts some traits.... It's not 1st person, and story is not a factor for me.
---
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 1/28/2014 11:42:55 PM
I 2nd Vampire The Masquerade series
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6FaPaThYPosted 1/29/2014 12:21:46 AM
System Shock 1 & 2 maybe
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#7ggf162Posted 1/29/2014 12:24:38 AM
It would help if we had an idea of what you've already played.
---
J-"RPG"s don't deserve the title, when they are basically TBS games with adventure elements.
#8ggf162Posted 1/29/2014 12:30:46 AM(edited)
Actually, Realms of Arkania 1+2 might fit the bill (don't remember if it's free-roam though, I think it is).

---
J-"RPG"s don't deserve the title, when they are basically TBS games with adventure elements.
#9CatToyPosted 1/29/2014 12:33:05 AM(edited)
ggf162 posted...

He gave an idea and it looks like he's played the best of what he's asking for.

As a suggestion if you have an iOS device, try The Quest, it has a ton of content, and a ton of expansions available. It's open world with a quest structure similar to the Elder Scrolls, but tile based movement.

The Quest Gold comes with the first three expansions as well.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-quest/id305553708?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-quest-gold/id345293120?mt=8

It's also available on PC, but more expensive and the expansions aren't available.
http://www.redshift.hu/thequestpc.htm#download
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#10pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 12:45:13 AM(edited)
ggf162 posted...

The list will probably be rather large and it will be hard to remember all that i already played but, i'll try.

Ultima Underworld 1-2
TES1-3
Might and Magic 6-9
Deus Ex 1-2
Wizards and Warriors
System Shock 1-2
Arx Fatalis
Minecraft

Those are just at the top of my head.

Wizards and Warriors is the perfect kind of game that i'm looking for.

EDIT: Yes i have a Samsung Tab 3 so, those suggestions are welcome as well.

Also, it is very important that i'm able to move around in 3D not the East/West/North/South style.
---