This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game...

#11dekouPosted 1/29/2014 3:11:24 AM
Even though you said no Wizardry, I'd recommend Wizardry 8. Never played M&M 1-4, but it's much closer to M&M 6 than to Grimrock. I've also read it's very similar to Wizards and Warriors.
#12pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 3:38:32 AM(edited)
dekou posted...
Even though you said no Wizardry, I'd recommend Wizardry 8. Never played M&M 1-4, but it's much closer to M&M 6 than to Grimrock. I've also read it's very similar to Wizards and Warriors.

I don't particulary hate Wizardry. It's just that moving in 4 diretions feels very enclosed and not too comforting. Not to mention that in 4 directional movement games everything looks the same and it's hard to distinguish where you are.....which just takes away half of the enjoyment.

EDIT: Actually now that i looked at W8, it meets every trait! I will definitely try that. It's just that i only played that one Wizardry game that we have on PSN and that has 4dir movement. I assumed that every Wizardry game is the same.
---
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.
#13dekouPosted 1/29/2014 3:48:12 AM
Yes, Wizardry 8 came out nine years after 7, so it's quite different mechanically.