This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some games for my netbook?

#11mattcorley1212Posted 1/30/2014 10:50:03 AM
macheteman posted...
sonic_man00 posted...
Terraria, To The Moon, Neverwinter Nights, Worms (any), Bastion had some lag on my old netbook....But it might work, Braid, BF2, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, Titan Quest, Superfrog HD, Civilization IV, VVVVVVVVVVV and A Virus Named TOM.

Almost every one of those games are unplayable on a netbook.

Wrong..
Considering I had a 1ghz dual core amd apu and I ran all those games and then some just fine. Just because its a netbook doesnt mean its not capable of anything.

Ignorance that you just displayed is what is wrong with this board. Not everyone is trying to run everything at the ultra level, just remember that.

But back on topic, check out minecraft, you will be limited to mainly the vanilla game. The KOTOR games are awesome. Torchlight is also another good one
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
Psn-Flipadelphia09
#12kelemvorPosted 1/30/2014 11:15:11 AM
Minecraft just *barely* runs on my i5 quadcore laptop with a HD3000 at the bare minimum settings. It will drop down to 15fps in extreme hills and taigia biomes.

No way a netbook will run it.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#13ThePCElitistPosted 1/30/2014 11:28:10 AM(edited)
kelemvor posted...
Minecraft just *barely* runs on my i5 quadcore laptop with a HD3000 at the bare minimum settings. It will drop down to 15fps in extreme hills and taigia biomes.

Are you sure that's not a dualcore laptop? Because mobile i5's are dualcore with hyper threading. So when you look it will look as if you had a quad.
---
#14revolverPosted 1/30/2014 11:34:09 AM
I beat Deus Ex on my old netbook while I was travelling a couple years ago. Can't get much better than that.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#15kelemvorPosted 1/30/2014 3:24:30 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
kelemvor posted...

Are you sure that's not a dualcore laptop? Because mobile i5's are dualcore with hyper threading. So when you look it will look as if you had a quad.
---

You are correct, I just got home from work and checked it. it's an M 560 at 2.66 Ghz, dual core.

I still have the sticker that reads "i3-380M" and the "intel i3 inside" on the palmrests of my laptop. There was a screw up at the factory and I snagged it for 200 dollars a year ago.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane